Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford Home 1st April does not need moving (there are trains)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I agree and I wonder if thats why the club are only putting on shuttle busses and no extra park n ride due to costs. One winner here is Seagulls travel not cheap to ride with them and they must be loving this from business perspective.
Buses not busses! To be fair the last time the club laid on a fleet of coaches to replace trains it worked like a dream for me. Changing buses at the Old Steine from my 17 onto a 25 as is my want, there was a ling of three or four Sussex Spirit coaches parked up waiting to take fans to the Amex. Rather than waiting for my usual ride, l climbed aboard the first of them, driver had no interest in cecking my season ticket, and we immediately sped away to Falmer Station, through the underpass and l was at the ground. From climbing aboard the coach to walking into Dick's Bar, all in just over 30 minutes. What's not to like?

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Buses not busses! To be fair the last time the club laid on a fleet of coaches to replace trains it worked like a dream for me. Changing buses at the Old Steine from my 17 onto a 25 as is my want, there was a ling of three or four Sussex Spirit coaches parked up waiting to take fans to the Amex. Rather than waiting for my usual ride, l climbed aboard the first of them, driver had no interest in cecking my season ticket, and we immediately sped away to Falmer Station, through the underpass and l was at the ground. From climbing aboard the coach to walking into Dick's Bar, all in just over 30 minutes. What's not to like?
What was it like getting back after the game ?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65015207 the lazy lot have got more pay yet still wanna strike and Brentford still likely be affected. This is just co-ordinated take it in turns strike accept offer one by one to cause as much disruption as possible.
RIGHT, thats it, no train plans for anyone, you've blown it.

I genuinely think if there was 50 trains an hour Brighton to Falmer you'd still moan. There are infrastructure limitations that means your dream everyone gets a seat service can't exist. If you want a seat on the train get there 2 hours before the game. There is no football stadium in the top two leagues where the dedicated service will have seats for everyone and you will be packed in like sardines. Grimsby game went fine yet you still moaned that there weren't seats for everyone, what will make you happy?

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Quite awkward for the OP now it’s been proved strike action works

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I'm very proud to have voted conservative at least they are doing something to stop idiots like Lynch. So many ppl get affected by the trains not just football fans travelling to matches. Remember Falmer was built on premise of ease of rail travel.
far more people get affected by tory politicians, you would do well to try to remeber that in future

very proud? you're not ashamed of yourself? even now?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Can those of us who forked out for Seagulls Travel places for the Brentford game because moan about that now on this thread or is a separate one required? 😏

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well that was a funny conclusion, what will be the NEXT issue. My money is on the engineering works between Littlehampton and Brighton on the Semi Final date.
Don't be so stupid, there will no doubt be something else to moan about when we play Brentford at home

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Brilliant news. Football and post match beers back on.

Looking forward to it.

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
RIGHT, thats it, no train plans for anyone, you've blown it.

I genuinely think if there was 50 trains an hour Brighton to Falmer you'd still moan. There are infrastructure limitations that means your dream everyone gets a seat service can't exist. If you want a seat on the train get there 2 hours before the game. There is no football stadium in the top two leagues where the dedicated service will have seats for everyone and you will be packed in like sardines. Grimsby game went fine yet you still moaned that there weren't seats for everyone, what will make you happy?
Grimsby trains were really good. One little thing in particular made a big differerence. The West Coast queueing system after games is necessary to prevent overcrowding on the platforms and on the trains, but too often football fans are treated like second class citizens waiting until two minutes before the train leaves, to be allowed onto the platform. On Saturday we were let on early. It still meant a wait of 25 minutes for the train to depart, but sitting on a train is a big improvement to standing in a holding area.

There was no noticable increase in window licking, vomiting or other anti-social behaviour as a consequence.

Another inconsistency about this overcrowding risk on platforms. Travelling to the game, you have packed trains trying to unload at Brighton, with hoards of daytrippers milling around on the platform, waiting to get on the trains. If Southenr are serious about addressing overcrowding, why does it only apply to football fans?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here