Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford Home 1st April does not need moving (there are trains)

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
A precedence has been set with Pal@rse. Ok Im appreciate its somewhat different rivalry but the transport issues are there - the lazy railways are striking. Game needs shifting to another date but when? I suggest Friday 31st 7.45pm KO. If it doesnt get moved it will feel like us fans don't matter and will the club lay on extra busses etc? That surely gets done at a loss.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
A precedence has been set with Pal@rse. Ok Im appreciate its somewhat different rivalry but the transport issues are there - the lazy railways are striking. Game needs shifting to another date but when? I suggest Friday 31st 7.45pm KO. If it doesnt get moved it will feel like us fans don't matter and will the club lay on extra busses etc? That surely gets done at a loss.
Why are you writing this again? As explained this morning a) it's too late to move now and b) if the strike goes ahead then based on this week's service there will be trains going east and west albeit perhaps not a full match day service.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Why are you writing this again? As explained this morning a) it's too late to move now and b) if the strike goes ahead then based on this week's service there will be trains going east and west albeit perhaps not a full match day service.
The service may run from London to Brighton but stops about 5/6pm so far from a 'normal' service

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
The service may run from London to Brighton but stops about 5/6pm so far from a 'normal' service
I would think, although I don't know, that there will be enough trains to get people there and back and I think the last Vic train was around 7 -8pm this week. I'm sure the club have it in hand but I don't think they can play on the Friday due to the international break and Sun is the marathon I think so that makes that tricky. Anyway, I'm sure the club will announce their plan of action soon.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It does need moving as the trains will disappear early evening.

But it won't be moved.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Other than Palace due to special circumstances, no PL games have been moved due to rail strike action. This will not change for the Brentford game, which will still be 3pm on 1st April.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
As trains stop around 5.30/6pm and Brentford isn't a million miles away the sensible alternative is to make this a 12.30pm KO, why cant the club apply for this?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
As trains stop around 5.30/6pm and Brentford isn't a million miles away the sensible alternative is to make this a 12.30pm KO, why cant the club apply for this?
Because they can do what they did for the Tottenham game and get buses in without needing to impact on the tv schedules around the globe.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We don’t all get the train. And those that do and are real fans on the whole will find a way to get there. Oh… and there will prob be trains. Apart from that I’m all for calling it off 🤷🏻‍♂️

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
We don’t all get the train. And those that do and are real fans on the whole will find a way to get there. Oh… and there will prob be trains. Apart from that I’m all for calling it off 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think this hits the nail on the head quite nicely. There’s absolutely no denying the train strikes have taken a lot of enthusiasm out of the away trips this season (i.e not being able to gamble on advanced train tickets to the more northern away games) but if someone’s that bothered about attending a fixture; they’ll get there.

The worst thing about it for me is I’m actually starting to enjoy travelling by road to away trips, despite being staunch train travel in the past. After Saints away Saturday, I was back in Hangleton crying into my curry by 6.45pm.

Wanting games called off for train strikes is absolutely mental. Just support your local team ffs.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65015207 the lazy lot have got more pay yet still wanna strike and Brentford still likely be affected. This is just co-ordinated take it in turns strike accept offer one by one to cause as much disruption as possible.
“The lazy lot”, you Tory scumbag. If you said that in my company you’d have lost a few teeth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here