Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford FC v Brighton and Hove Albion *OFFICIAL* Match Thread

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Talking of commentators, who the f*** was that guy at Newport v Lewes.
Ive heard some amatuerish people on the radio but that guy beats them all into a cocked hat! Sounded like he was dragged off the street. Not my idea of a BBC employee thats for sure.:US: Keep listening he will be on later, its laughable.

Guy was hilarious, he spoke like he was reading a book or doing a crap best mans speech written on a scrap of paper.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This commentator is utter gash , Gavin is twice as good as him.

First, a disagreement. Gavin was TOSH, absolute rubbish. He muddled through and was very confusing in his commentary, I don't think he was suited to the radio in the slightest and it's no suprise he's vanished.

Secondly, Johnny Canter is indeed absolute gash. So many times today there was action and I had, genuinely, no idea which end it was at. He didn't use names, just words like "the defender there...". He didn't paint any pictures today and I was disappointed by the level of description. He sounds a decent bloke and has an acceptable voice for the radio, but he needs to concentrate more on actually telling us WHICH team is attacking and which is defending. It's important to know that sort of thing.

It was easy on tuesday, it was all one way. :lol: But not today. 5/10.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Can somebody explain to me what actually has happened with Murray, etc. As I've been out all day. Thanks.

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
First, a disagreement. Gavin was TOSH, absolute rubbish. He muddled through and was very confusing in his commentary, I don't think he was suited to the radio in the slightest and it's no suprise he's vanished.

Secondly, Johnny Canter is indeed absolute gash. So many times today there was action and I had, genuinely, no idea which end it was at. He didn't use names, just words like "the defender there...". He didn't paint any pictures today and I was disappointed by the level of description. He sounds a decent bloke and has an acceptable voice for the radio, but he needs to concentrate more on actually telling us WHICH team is attacking and which is defending. It's important to know that sort of thing.

Totally agree with that. One of these days Im going jump off my seat thinking we scored and it will be the other team...jeez.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Surely if Gavin is tosh and Johnny is absolute gash they are both wank. :smile:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can somebody explain to me what actually has happened with Murray, etc. As I've been out all day. Thanks.

As I understand it, he was his usual self, that is the appearance of one that isn't trying. There was no goal validating the not trying in some fans' eyes.

Some fans were singing 'ditch your wife' (supposedly as banter, but don't know if that was the case of everyone).

Then at the end of the game some fans hurled abuse at him. Some fans then hurled abuse at those fans for hurling abuse at their own players.

Murray also did not go over and applaud the fans. I'm unsure if this led to the abuse or occurred as a result of the abuse, or was independent of it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Surely if Gavin is tosh and Johnny is absolute gash they are both wank. :smile:

Facts, sir. Facts. Neither are good enough to grace the same microphone as Hawsey.

(Massive hyperbole, but there are plenty in this thread up to now anyway, so.)

On the subject of the match, it sounded like we played rather well but are still a bit blunt in attack. No problem, 1 goal conceeded in 2 league games is a promising start defensively and I think we're going to be pretty solid this season. The goals will flow soon, and I'm extremely positive about how this season is going to go for us. :albion2:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
As I understand it, he was his usual self, that is the appearance of one that isn't trying. There was no goal validating the not trying in some fans' eyes.

Some fans were singing 'ditch your wife' (supposedly as banter, but don't know if that was the case of everyone).

Then at the end of the game some fans hurled abuse at him. Some fans then hurled abuse at those fans for hurling abuse at their own players.

Murray also did not go over and applaud the fans. I'm unsure if this led to the abuse or occurred as a result of the abuse, or was independent of it.

Cheers mate.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I was in the upper tier at the away end at Brentford on Saturday. I have never been so uncomfortable at a football match. In terms of legroom, you had to be a midget or a five-year-old child not to be sitting with your legs at a forty-five-degree angle to your body. Of course, when I stood up, I was told to sit down by the stewards.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Kettle whistles for the last time. 0-0.

Which is what I forecast on Saturday morning to Uncle S. (or 1-1 to be fair).:thumbsup:

From the New Road end, in the second half Whing really looked to struggle at right-back, seemed much more comfy on the left.
Kuipers absolutely solid as usual. You have to put the ball through on the deck, he's a bit slow to come out sometimes, but crosses or corners, no chance.
Dickinson looks useful and Cox was like a bee buzzing around the hollyhocks! Wonder why they didn't play forster, the Brentford boo-boys were waiting...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here