Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford fans

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
We do seem to struggle at Brentford though - how many times have we won there (FA Cup and Nelse's goal aside)?

I went to Griffin Park three times and saw us lose 3-0, 4-0 and 4-0. I'd be happy with a draw from this

One of those 4-0 was a game when Bob Booker was in temporary charge in between managers. (Forget who) Any chances of him getting the job full time were well and truly kwashed by the performance that evening. If I've witnessed a more feeble capitulation by the Albion, I've forgotten it. Horrible to watch. I have actually witnessed a win at Brentford, late 80's under Lloyd as I recall. Can't remember any others.

As for their fans. Let them crow with confidence. Hopefully over confidence will rub off onto the team given their reasonable start. Sooner or later Premier League reality will arrive. Often happens to promoted teams who've hit the ground running then run out of steam.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
One of those 4-0 was a game when Bob Booker was in temporary charge in between managers. (Forget who) Any chances of him getting the job full time were well and truly kwashed by the performance that evening. If I've witnessed a more feeble capitulation by the Albion, I've forgotten it. Horrible to watch.

It was during Bookers spell in caretaker charge between Coppell leaving and McGhee taking over.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Brentford are the team we are most likely to beat statistically this season. FACT.

Disclaimer: this is based purely on historical data, you can cut it however you want. Also not split home v away or taking into account current form either.

4-0 loss it is then :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-04 at 11.15.40.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-04 at 11.15.40.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Brentford are the team we are most likely to beat statistically this season. FACT.

Disclaimer: this is based purely on historical data, you can cut it however you want. Also not split home v away or taking into account current form either.

4-0 loss it is then :)

Had no idea we were this bad against Southampton!

My last visit was a 3-1 away victory in 2009

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wonder if there will be another post-match lap of honour if they win.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Brentford fans are enjoying their moment.

No need to get involved in any spats with them online.

Revenge is a dish best served cold ... and with 3 points in the bag

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
My word.

We play like they did in 2018.
Defence is shit because White has gone.
Almost all going for a win (based on how hard their next games are more than anything else)
Maupay not playing (apparently).
Their amazing crowd will cheer them to victory.

I love their optimism, but the Prem is relentless. I think that Arsenal win has gone to their heads.

But one did say we are way better than Arsenal....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe the best time for a little jollity at the expense of Brentford fans is when we have shown them a bit of what being in the PL is all about and taken three points off them?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Oh the memories! I remember being that arrogant in our first season....that lasted no more than a few weeks!

Hopefully, we'll hand them their own arses on a plate.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Oh the memories! I remember being that arrogant in our first season....that lasted no more than a few weeks!

Hopefully, we'll hand them their own arses on a plate.

You were arrogant for a few weeks?! I was terrified after Man City and declining into depression after Leicester.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You were arrogant for a few weeks?! I was terrified after Man City and declining into depression after Leicester.

After the elation of Wigan and 60 odd minutes of holding City, it did go a bit 'Oh shit, what have we done ?' as I remember :wink:

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
After the elation of Wigan and 60 odd minutes of holding City, it did go a bit 'Oh shit, what have we done ?' as I remember :wink:

I’m with you there. Don’t recall any arrogance whatsoever. I do remember being p1ssed at throwing away the chance of winning the championship, but looking forward to eating at the top table. This with fairly low expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Brentford fans attitude is ok. They've done well and are riding the crest of a wave with a new ground and Premier league football, why wouldn't they have a slither of confidence?Tricky place to go and we could come unstuck but it would come as no surprise if they do well all season, they are a well run club with a good squad of players. Good luck to them but not against us obviously.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I agree. There’s nothing on that thread to get upset about. One or two slightly misinformed opinions on our team, but they’re Brentford fans not Brighton fans, so that’s to be expected.

Another agreement.

They've been promoted, they've had a good start, they're all allowed in their new stadium.

If they're not allowed to be OTT confident now they might as well jack in watching football and join the local lawn bowls club.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Absolutely. That Leicester 2 nil loss was a real eye opener of what life in the PL was about. They beat us without breaking into a sweat.

Beesman

Sep 6, 2021
I think we are no different to any other fans really you have to remember these are our golden years after so many years of lower league misery.I am old enough to have seen us play you at the great Goldstone the Priestfield and the depressing Withdean.I also have been to your new stadium with is excellent we haven’t had such a traumatic journey although it was sad not to have an official farewell to Griffin Park.We now have a superb new stadium although it only holds 17500 it’s more than good enough for us.Will be a hard game to call Saturday as this should be a winnable game after our first 3 results but could be a rude awakening waiting for us.Neal Maupay will get a great reception I’m sure and will give our defenders a tough time but we look very strong defensively and don’t have the soft underbelly we used to be accused of.The new stadium has plenty of decent but expensive pubs along the river and it’s only a 10 minutes walk to the pubs by our own ground enjoy your day.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Another agreement.

They've been promoted, they've had a good start, they're all allowed in their new stadium.

If they're not allowed to be OTT confident now they might as well jack in watching football and join the local lawn bowls club.

Quite. I've never got why people go and seek out stuff like this if it's going to get their back up. Same with various folk who post links to stories on the daily mail or the UKIP website.

Two weeks ago I'm sure there were threads about the Everton game and how we were likely to win after our great start (which wasn't that great, lucky against Burnley and beat a poor Watford side). Look how that turned out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here