Brentford eye Brighton midfielder Crofts

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am not nor have ever been ITK but I have heard he's not going anywhere on loan this season.

CH wants him around.

I am not sure that is true - I heard rumblings about a potential loan move , although no potential club was mentioned. Thats why I think he possibly will go out on loan. I think the lad wants to play football and CH is not the sort of manager who would stand in his way, if he wasn't in his immediate plans. There is only 10 games or so till the end of the season and the lad himself possibly wants to put himself in the shop window for next season

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Crofty has looked good in his appearances this season - very surprised at the criticism. Not in the long term plans due to age of course but there were a few home games and one (maybe Hudds) where he came on for the second half and looked one of the most assured players on the park. Best tackler of our midfeilders I'd say.

Also, many are forgetting his purple patch before his latest injury where he was fantastic...

Surprised some are putting the boot in a little tbh...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Crofty has looked good in his appearances this season - very surprised at the criticism. Not in the long term plans due to age of course but there were a few home games and one (maybe Hudds) where he came on for the second half and looked one of the most assured players on the park. Best tackler of our midfeilders I'd say.

Also, many are forgetting his purple patch before his latest injury where he was fantastic...

I think the issue with Crofts is that he contributes very little going forward. It's not that he is a bad player. It is more that he does very little ''offensively'' and for a side chasing promotion that isn't enough

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think the issue with Crofts is that he contributes very little going forward. It's not that he is a bad player. It is more that he does very little ''offensively'' and for a side chasing promotion that isn't enough

Not denying that - just didn't feel the slating of his game was very fair given how he's always been solid for us...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

I agree.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009

I agree with this post. Whilst he has not returned to his best form as he has only had a few minutes playing, he is a better header,passer and tackler than Stephens.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I agree with this post. Whilst he has not returned to his best form as he has only had a few minutes playing, he is a better header,passer and tackler than Stephens.

Crofts has never been a good passer of the ball. His was an ok box to box midfielder before his injury but is not good enough for us anymore (I'm pretty sure we haven't won a game this season that he's started). Stephens is better than Crofts in every department.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why would Brentford want him? They're into moneyball, but Crofts doesn't do anything - he doesn't tackle, he can't pass particularly well, he doesn't score goals any more and he can't get around the pitch. He has experience but he doesn't have much quality any more.
Agree...He's all huff and puff and offers nothing.
Can't believe anyone in the championship would want him and he should never have been offered a ne contract before his injury.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

That is absolutely ridiculous. How anybody could think that Crofts is better at any function of the game than Stephens is simply unjustifiable - even at his best, Crofts has never been a shadow of the player that Stephens is. That's not a criticism as such, he's been very good at the job he does for the team, but he's not a particularly good player. I have no doubt he's good around the dressing room though, and I've never disliked Crofts - he'll run through a wall for you so, like Calderon, I'm more than happy to overlook his comparative lack of quality for his attitude and his commitment but let's not kid ourselves that he's a good footballer.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That is absolutely ridiculous. How anybody could think that Crofts is better at any function of the game than Stephens is simply unjustifiable - even at his best, Crofts has never been a shadow of the player that Stephens is. That's not a criticism as such, he's been very good at the job he does for the team, but he's not a particularly good player. I have no doubt he's good around the dressing room though, and I've never disliked Crofts - he'll run through a wall for you so, like Calderon, I'm more than happy to overlook his comparative lack of quality for his attitude and his commitment but let's not kid ourselves that he's a good footballer.

This is the same Andrew Crofts who was skipper at Norwich when they got promoted to the Prem? Okay.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I love stating the obvious, because it is just that. Obvious.

And it doesn't speak at all to reality. Titus Bramble played how many games in the Premier League? Do you want to try and make an argument that he was a good player?

As I said in the tailend of my post;

"I have no doubt he's good around the dressing room though, and I've never disliked Crofts - he'll run through a wall for you so, like Calderon, I'm more than happy to overlook his comparative lack of quality for his attitude and his commitment but let's not kid ourselves that he's a good footballer."

I would imagine he was captain at Norwich, as he was for us under Poyet, for his leadership skills and his undisputed positive attitude around the squad. He wasn't in the team because he was the best player but he's got a good attitude and will help the squad, I'm sure he's doing the same for us so I'm all for it - all I've been saying in this thread, about him potentially joining another Championship club on loan, is that he's not a good enough player.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
In most peoples book Crofts would struggle to make our team now but not apparently in CH eyes as he seems to see something we all miss

BG, you seem to be tripping over your own statement there. He does struggle to make it into the team now under CH. Hence, one of the reasons he will probably go out on loan

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
He was once a quality box to box midfielder, that there can be no doubt.He scored some absolute corkers when Norwich won promotion to the premier league, but like all good things they come to an end. Could see him at Southend or Coventry maybe a star player at a reinvigorated Crawley. As for Judge, I would buy him in an instant - destined for much bigger things than Brentford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports