Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brentford Community Stadium

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Looks nice enough , loved going to Griffin Park games in the past very old school away end , a similar path to us looks on the cards , good luck to them .

Which away end did you prefer? Personally downstairs in the little two tier stand was my favourite but I know some liked the larger terrace at the other end.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Which away end did you prefer? Personally downstairs in the little two tier stand was my favourite but I know some liked the larger terrace at the other end.

I preferred the end opposite the Albion fans that went bat sh!t crazy after Hemed made it 3-3, and that Stockdale save :D

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good for Brentford, genuinely pleased for them.

Presumably the large stand on the side will be for away fans? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That piece of ground has laid waste for years.
I go past it quite often and have seen how it's developed recently, agree about Griffin Park, reminds me of going to the Goldstone.
Tony Bloom should've put copyright on the 'community' aspect of the naming of the stadium, Benham still jealous I guess :lolol:
Your almost right it used to be a rubbish tip run by an Irish firm who made an absolute killing selling it.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Good for them, marvellous memories of hundreds of baying Brentford fans in the stand adjacent to the away end chanting “HIV, HIV, HIV; HIV, HIV, HIV” at us back in the day. Great days, great guys.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Someone's not a fan.

sketch-1597575149475.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Someone tell Baker that a pub outside the ground on every corner is not the same as facilities inside the ground. My recollection of Brentford was having to piss through a fence at half time because there was no urinal and only one cubicle for the whole of the away support. I was not alone. I also rememberour our supporters kicking off because the hamburgers were frozen in the middle. A traditional shit hole of a ground, surrounded by traditional pubs. Presumably Baker was blind drunk before he got into the stadium on his visits. The prat.

Incidentally, what has happened to that great new career that he was going to launch at the start of 2020? I havn't seen hide nor hair of him since his (unfair) dismissal from R5.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Someone tell Baker that a pub outside the ground on every corner is not the same as facilities inside the ground. My recollection of Brentford was having to piss through a fence at half time because there was no urinal and only one cubicle for the whole of the away support. I was not alone. I also rememberour our supporters kicking off because the hamburgers were frozen in the middle. A traditional shit hole of a ground, surrounded by traditional pubs. Presumably Baker was blind drunk before he got into the stadium on his visits. The prat.

Incidentally, what has happened to that great new career that he was going to launch at the start of 2020? I havn't seen hide nor hair of him since his (unfair) dismissal from R5.

Danny Baker is a prick, that;s all anyone needs to know and remember when reading anything he has written

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I like him.

His podcasts with Linekar are a decent listen

Can't think of two worse people to listen to, but all a matter of opinion:shrug:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Agree re Griffin Park.
Looking forward to visiting the new ground.

However, I like Danny Baker his books are very amusing.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I really like it. Brentford remind me a lot of us and I hope they finally make it next season and don't get ripped apart too much by Prem sides. That stadium is levels above some of the other london clubs like Palace, Millwall, QPR who are a similar size. Would love to visit this ground one day.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agree re Griffin Park.
Looking forward to visiting the new ground.

However, I like Danny Baker his books are very amusing.

I like Baker too. Love the books and loved his radio and TV music shows. But his hubris after the last sacking seems missplaced. Even though the sacking was wrong.

It's all about nuance isn't it. And opinions. :lolol: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I like him.

His podcasts with Linekar are a decent listen

Now Lineker IS a prick. A grade 1 swordsman with more skeletons in his closet than a haunted house down the fairground.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I like Baker too. Love the books and loved his radio and TV music shows. But his hubris after the last sacking seems missplaced. ven though the sacking was wrong.

It's all about nuance isn't it. And opinions. :lolol: :thumbsup:

Absolutely - helps make the world go round....... [emoji106]

sacking did seem very harsh (well to me anyway).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here