Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford are up!

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Got this from footballfancensus.com. It appears Brentford see us as their 3rd rivals????

THE RIVALS – WHO ARE THEY? (1ST, 2ND & 3RD RIVALS)
Team supported - First Rivals Second Rivals Third Rivals
Bournemouth - Reading Southampton Brighton
Brentford - QPR Fulham Brighton

Also interesting about Bournemouth - thought Pompey would have been 3rd.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Got this from footballfancensus.com. It appears Brentford see us as their 3rd rivals????

Wasn't that census done in about 2003? I would imagine that it has changed somewhat...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Bournemouth have played us 102 times but have played Portsmouth 19 times.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Wasn't that census done in about 2003? I would imagine that it has changed somewhat...

Yes it was.

I was told by a Brentford fan about 20 years ago that the reason they don't like us is due to some match in the 1920/30s that we were meant to have fixed?! I've tried Googling it but found nothing. Very odd.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yes it was.

I was told by a Brentford fan about 20 years ago that the reason they don't like us is due to some match in the 1920/30s that we were meant to have fixed?! I've tried Googling it but found nothing. Very odd.

Bloody Hell...

I don't suppose that there'd be many Brentford fans who have heard of this...or Albion fans, come to that. I think that fan you spoke to may be mistaken! I also think that Brentford do not regard us as rivals, or dislike us in any way, these days.

Could be wrong, though. I don't know any Brentford fans!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Agreed. Along with Orient, I love going to Brentford away, pub on each corner and standing in that cowshed stand. THAT Gary Nelson goal, the fans going mental because Glenn Murray left the pitch without acknowledging us and the last time we were there in that crazy March where we played and won 8 (have I got that right?), the Albion fan who gave a right load of abuse at the bald physio only for someone to pipe up that it was one of ours.

And after the game the kiddies opposite us at Brentford station giving us homophobic abuse whilst we all laughed at them getting hauled out one by one by the police. Brentford is a great day out.

The drunk fan scoring a penalty in front of us (the old terrace) before being carted off. I seem to recall it was Tommy Fraser who put the ball on the spot and drunk fan scored against Gary Hart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here