Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brennan Dickenson

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Went to see AFC WImbledon last night and Dickesnson was substituted at half time. He didn't play great but not too bad. Looked lively. But must be very different playing a messy relegation battle against Plymouth in the fourth flight at a non-league football ground. I'm sure it's all good experience and character building though. Hoping to catch up with a few games there when albion are not playing so will be nice to see how he progresses.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Chesterfield played him as a left winger, where did the Wombles play him?

Left wing as well. He's there to replace Bristol City loanee winger Toby Ajala who has gone back. Ajala was quality when I saw him and Dickenson will have to do well to match his skill and pace. Ajala was a lot smaller and trickier. The fans seemed pleased to have Dickenson there though from what i overheard.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Left wing as well. He's there to replace Bristol City loanee winger Toby Ajala who has gone back. Ajala was quality when I saw him and Dickenson will have to do well to match his skill and pace. Ajala was a lot smaller and trickier. The fans seemed pleased to have Dickenson there though from what i overheard.

So are you a split loyalties man, or are you just in the area and fancied getting some perspective on all things Brighton by watching a game in a small ground with a much worse standard of football?

I'm all for seeing other teams from time to time, it deffinitely adds perspective but more importantly I think it rounds out your outlook on the game.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
So are you a split loyalties man, or are you just in the area and fancied getting some perspective on all things Brighton by watching a game in a small ground with a much worse standard of football?

I'm all for seeing other teams from time to time, it deffinitely adds perspective but more importantly I think it rounds out your outlook on the game.

Just chance really. A number of reasons. One, my brother has moved there recently and went to see them play Burton a few weeks back for the first time. Partly to see something different, but also to give them some support given the support they gave us during the Fans United game back in 1997. Tremendous atmosphere and like us at withdean, they need a bigger ground not more support. It was full. Wasn't planning on seeing them regularly, but as they'd signed Dickenson and my brother was up for watching them I thought i'd go last night. May go to the home game against York on 9th March. It does give you perspective and rounds your outlook as you say. More than anything it reminded me of the early days of our fight back against our situation. Not an AFC supporter at all but might quickly find them becoming my second team at this rate!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here