Breast Cancer - Free Mammograms

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
An unusual request, but as a lot of threads in the pastpresent and hopeflly the future have and will be based around our love /admiration of breasts (at least most of the male posters) - I thought I would bring your attention to this.

On the thebreastcancersite.com/ site they pay for mammograms for underpriviledged women, based on the clicks to a site - it is 100% free and can be clicked on each day. Apparently they have been finding it difficult to get the minimum quota of clicks to get free screenings paid for (by coroprate sponsors)

A friend of mine forwarded me the link and asked me to pass it on to 10 people. Well I knew of a far bigger number of people who are World Champions at clicking for good causes.

I trust this doesn't hack anyone off - I've lost family through cancer (not breast, but the same evil) and anything that might save a life must be worth a shot.

Cheers.

Rabeen

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I'm not convinced this isn't a scam website. The site itself doesn't seem to offer anything but links to advertisers websites, which earns revenue for the website owner.

I may be wrong, but surely a charity would be more up front, and not register their domain to some flunky ISP in Florida.

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
I know what you mean, I felt it too. I'm not usally too bothered but it came from someone who wouldn't direct me to something naff, infact I've never had a non work related email before.

Up to you - I clicked, hope it makes something happen, won't affect me in the slightest if it is to no end.

Cheers for looking at it anyway.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
thought you had to reach your 100th birthday before you received one of these free

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Jesus Gul said:
thought you had to reach your 100th birthday before you received one of these free

Over 50 in this country.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Rabeen said:
I know what you mean, I felt it too. I'm not usally too bothered but it came from someone who wouldn't direct me to something naff, infact I've never had a non work related email before.

Up to you - I clicked, hope it makes something happen, won't affect me in the slightest if it is to no end.

Cheers for looking at it anyway.

Sorry - I think I got the wrong website.

THIS SITE looks genuine enough. Let's all click.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Where are these free mammograms being offered? Is it the third world?

There isn't any info on the site.

Last edited:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Yorkie said:
Where are these free mammograms being offered? Is it the third world?
There isn't any info on the site.

Where are the mammograms given? How many mammograms have been given to date?
The National Breast Cancer Foundation gives funding to clinics and mobile mammography units throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. Click here to see where and how many mammograms per location have been funded to date!

Why we're are on the subject does anyone know of any local sponsored bike rides in the sussex area for breast cancer, I lost my mother-in-law very recently and want to help to try and stop one less person dying from this cruel disease. Alot of the sponsored events are aimed at women...rightly so, but men want to help too.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Caveman said:

Where are the mammograms given? How many mammograms have been given to date?
The National Breast Cancer Foundation gives funding to clinics and mobile mammography units throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. Click here to see where and how many mammograms per location have been funded to date!

Why we're are on the subject does anyone know of any local sponsored bike rides in the sussex area for breast cancer, I lost my mother-in-law very recently and want to help to try and stop one less person dying from this cruel disease. Alot of the sponsored events are aimed at women...rightly so, but men want to help too.

get in touch with these guys

http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=123277

:thumbsup:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
i thought it was going to be this bloke!

mammogram9rt.png

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
My wife together with 3 friends is doing the 'Walk the Walk' in May of this year - 26 mile walk starting at Midnight through London to raise money for Breast Cancer.

Nice picture here of the ladies in question!

www.justgiving.com:80/BreastOfFriends

Please feel free to Sponsor them!

Many thanks to those of you who have been on the link to Sponsor her. (Or perhaps you just wanted to look at a picture of a woman holding another woman's breasts.)

Either way if you haven't been on the site yet feel free!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
magoo said:
i thought it was going to be this bloke!

mammogram9rt.png

It's Guinness Dave!! Just wait til I tell his missus.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Is that the park and ride in the background?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
My wife together with 3 friends is doing the 'Walk the Walk' in May of this year - 26 mile walk starting at Midnight through London to raise money for Breast Cancer.

Nice picture here of the ladies in question!

www.justgiving.com:80/BreastOfFriends

Please feel free to Sponsor them!

I most certainly will. A charity very close to my heart, as Mrs P contracted breast cancer some six years ago. Two operations (fortunately not breast removal), chemotherapy, radio therapy and five years of taking drugs, and she finally got the wonderful words "All clear" at her last examination.

She is still amazed at the number of (especially young) women that do not check themselves. Had she not done so, and caught it early, there is no mistaking it, she would not be here now.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
pasty said:
I most certainly will.

Many thanks - much appreciated.

A charity very close to my heart, as Mrs P contracted breast cancer some six years ago. Two operations (fortunately not breast removal), chemotherapy, radio therapy and five years of taking drugs, and she finally got the wonderful words "All clear" at her last examination.

Very pleased to read your comments regarding your wife.

She is still amazed at the number of (especially young) women that do not check themselves. Had she not done so, and caught it early, there is no mistaking it, she would not be here now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports