Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking news - Blatter suspended!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He will probably set up some sort of 'appeals committee' , headed by himself of course, to look into any decisions taken by the ethics committee.
It would be funny if not so accurate.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I suggest that the only candidates for FIFA Presidency who are not tainted by serious corruption and criminality will be those who have had no involvement with the organisation previously.

The likes of Luis Figo need to come back out of the woodwork and stand for election, it needs someone from the outside to come in, and after exclaiming 'You did what?!' about a thousand times get on with sorting things out.

One of the first tasks should be identifying football related projects over the world to start releasing some of their massive cash reserve most of which is totally unnecessary.

The FA backing Platini just shows how bad things are- his association with FIFA and Blatter, and his instrumental role in securing the World Cup for Qatar mean it couldn't be clearer he is deeply involved in global corruption and bribery. Yet the FA still back him- I suppose no candidate has emerged who is clear of the mess and the FA are desperate to see FIFA hold on to their Eurocentric approach to some extent. The idea of a non-European president scares them.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Now confirmed that Blatter, Platini and Valcke have all now been suspended for 90 days. SSN earlier tweeted that Platini had lodged his paperwork to apply to become FIFA President.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The former FIFA Vice-President Chung Mong-joon has been banned for six years and fined CHF 100,000.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Surely, as an organisation, its time to disband and all the nations to start a breakaway organisation?

So what if all the corrupt nations who still support Blatter don't want to join. They are TINY footballing nations who ultimately won't be missed.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
They can all resign with golden handshakes now.

All the people at the top are millionaires anyway so I could care less about golden handshakes other than that money should be going to deserving football projects.

However, what will hurt Platini/Blatter is that there single minded desire for power is at an end and they will both walk away disgraced and hopefully prosecuted for any crimes US law enforcement can make stick.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's fantastic that Blatter's Poodle Platini has been dragged into the shit.

Makes you wonder how long the farce would have gone on for were it not for the likes of Coca Cola rattling the FIFA cages, and also the US prosecutors getting involved. Should have happened the moment that Qatar and Russia bought their World Cups.

Definitely time to start afresh-football is awash with money (the cause of the current problems) so it's not as if a whole new governing body couldn't be established pretty quickly. FIFA's corrupt twunts knew exactly what they were doing when they started handing silly amounts of money to African football. That was the easiest way to line their own pockets whilst getting total support from a whole continent-football associations and government officials.

I hate them for what they have done to football.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thanks to the unlikeliest of sources, the normally-annoying Lee Nelson character, Blatter's defining moment will live long in our memories :lol:

Lee-Nelson-throws-fake-money-at-Sepp-Blatter-during-FIFA-press-conference.jpg

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
I seem to remember hearing that if the US places FIFA on a particular list (due to its shenanigans) it means no US company can deal with them. This kills a large portion of the deals FIFA has, which could bankrupt it.

I imagine that's the threat many at FIFA are concerned with, faced with this they'll happily start to comply. Might be why the 'untouchables' are less so now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Surely, as an organisation, its time to disband and all the nations to start a breakaway organisation?

So what if all the corrupt nations who still support Blatter don't want to join. They are TINY footballing nations who ultimately won't be missed.
This!

It's fantastic that Blatter's Poodle Platini has been dragged into the shit.

Makes you wonder how long the farce would have gone on for were it not for the likes of Coca Cola rattling the FIFA cages, and also the US prosecutors getting involved. Should have happened the moment that Qatar and Russia bought their World Cups.

Definitely time to start afresh-football is awash with money (the cause of the current problems) so it's not as if a whole new governing body couldn't be established pretty quickly. FIFA's corrupt twunts knew exactly what they were doing when they started handing silly amounts of money to African football. That was the easiest way to line their own pockets whilst getting total support from a whole continent-football associations and government officials.
This!

I hate them for what they have done to football.
This :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here