Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking News: 100 car pile up in Kent

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
On the plus side, we wont be getting any cold calls from injury lawyers for the next couple of weeks

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Hell's teeth! How can 100 cars be involved??? It's like the first 3 smashed and all the other people just went "BUUUUUUNDLE!!!!"

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Medway 2............I feel sory for all dem involved. God bless yous and yours familys.

May ma god be wiv yous all

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Hell's teeth! How can 100 cars be involved??? It's like the first 3 smashed and all the other people just went "BUUUUUUNDLE!!!!"

All driving at speed in thick fog with no lights. By the time they saw anything happening ahead it was too late

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Kent Police have revised the figures for the crash: 130 cars, 8 people seriously injured and 60 with minor injuries

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This appeared on Twitter a couple of hours ago:

@LAS_UK: Involved in the Sheppey Bridge Collision, we can help, DM us or email lasnewclaims@gmail.com #sheppey

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I came over that bridge last night and cross it regularly as I have two caravans that I rent out in Minster. (dates available for 2014 lol).
This road is a dual carriageway over a bridge that rises to 115 feet in a very short distance. A bit like a mini QE2 bridge.
Drivers may not be aware of how thick the fog is until they ascend either side, having said that, anyone travelling south at that time of the morning was most probably a resident heading for work on the 'mainland' and should be aware of the varying conditions that occur there and should drive accordingly. There were also (according to the pictures) a number of full car transporters in the crash driven by 'professional' drivers who should know better than most about stopping distances.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Here's an idea - if visibility is that poor, put your lights on and ease off the accelerator a bit?

That will never work, it was trialed as a suggestion in the 60's and 70's when these sort of crashes resulted in fatalities. Nowdays cars have all their ABS/airbags and crumple zones so it's perfectly acceptable to drive at 80mph almost blind as you are not going to get smeared.

Besides, the only decent foglights get put on the front of the car so that it looks like the mothership from Close Encounters or you look like Mikka Makkanon driving a time trial through the woods of Wales. You only usually get one silly little red one on the back where it's important.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I would WEEP if I was the one who had to put that crash report on to the system at work :cry:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Woman on tv being interviewed admitted to driving too fast!!! That's her insurance pay out null and void.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here