Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Breakfast in Hove/Shoreham

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Rockwater in Hove gets a recommendation in the Guardian today

They got planning permission with help from the locals on the back of promises made to the community - promises that they then reneged on. The owner is a self-serving ****.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They got planning permission with help from the locals on the back of promises made to the community - promises that they then reneged on. The owner is a self-serving ****.
What promises did they make?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What promises did they make?
For one, that on the day it opened it would have a lift to the roof terrace, so that disabled customers could get there. It was also part of the planning conditions. They didn't install one.

It was also supposed to be for the community, but they introduced an expensive membership scheme, meaning a lot of locals can't go there at certain times.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For one, that on the day it opened it would have a lift to the roof terrace, so that disabled customers could get there. It was also part of the planning conditions. They didn't install one.

It was also supposed to be for the community, but they introduced an expensive membership scheme, meaning a lot of locals can't go there at certain times.
Not putting in the lift in is very crap of them.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Modelo lounge do a lovely breakfast , quite unusual as well . Jo & Co as well have some very tasty offerings . Both quite middle class as you would rightfully expect in Church Road .

The good stock deli is a cheaper option at the start of church road but still has good quality food . Ie it’s not a greasy spoon .

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was up early today so went for a cycle ride along to Portslade. I fancied a coffee and a bit of brekkie and was a bit shocked to find there was nowhere open. In the end, I went to Maccy D but you'd think a resort town would have a few places to eat in the morning.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was up early today so went for a cycle ride along to Portslade. I fancied a coffee and a bit of brekkie and was a bit shocked to find there was nowhere open. In the end, I went to Maccy D but you'd think a resort town would have a few places to eat in the morning.
Carat on the beach?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not exactly Hove/Shoreham but The Sportsman at Withdean (or 'The' Withdean as non-locals would have it) does an unlimited unguarded full English for about 6 or 7 quid. Ingredients are tasty, and the wide open expanse of car park is fee-free. Open from 9am :thumbsup:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Is portslade a resort town ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Modelo lounge do a lovely breakfast , quite unusual as well . Jo & Co as well have some very tasty offerings . Both quite middle class as you would rightfully expect in Church Road .

The good stock deli is a cheaper option at the start of church road but still has good quality food . Ie it’s not a greasy spoon .

Does Hove do a different breakfast the other 200+ cafes in that chain then ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Literally everything at The Perch is excellent. Food, service, views, decor....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Perch, sounds an excellent plaice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here