Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brazil World Cup

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How many people died in construction of the Amex? How hard is it to build a bloody stadium safely?

We happen to be pretty good at construction in this country and have good construction managers who plan well to avoid accidents.
It's actually very difficult to build large buildings with the sort of safety record we have in the UK.
We should be very proud of the industry.

salazar

Jun 15, 2008
Haywards Heath
Have you forgotten that rio will host the 2016 Olympics.

The people of brazil live & breathe football but I don't think the same can be said of the Olympic games.

So maybe your football over people rant should be a little more widespread.

It would seem that the government of Brazil have not listened to the people.When you have such extreme poverty and your government decide to spend huge amounts of cash on one off events that bring no benefit to the masses,what do you expect them to do_Oh and that was hardly a rant!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
It's going to kick off in Brazil for sure......it will just need one small catalyst to light the torchpaper.

The death count may even outnumber the total goals scored in the tournament.......but coca-cola, mcdonalds, and visa don't care about anything but money.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I wonder if the greedy demands of FIFA have something to do with this. I understand they put massive pressure on host countries to create new facilities etc. Of course the government don't have to comply, but when a poor country win the games there doesn't seem to be any concession from the football authorities. Snouts in troughs all the bloody time. I genuinely suspect that those leading football are perfectly capable of detaching their demands from the subsequent effect on real people. As ever, world football stinks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here