Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brazil vs Germany = "Passion" vs "Having a brain"

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Nobody expected the dry humping Brazil took last night.

You do yourself a disservice. Clearly both you and Mellotron expected it the way you're vicariously taking credit for the victory on this thread. You're both wasted on here. Apply for the England manager's job as the dream team duo.

How dare I moan about Rooney playing for England like he doesn't give a toss.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Germany were undoubtedly excellent, organised and clinincal. But for me this was more about Brazil's really really poor performance making the Hun look better than they are. Cant stand the hype that will now go on around this match.
On another note perhaps PSG are regretting the £50m for David Luiz .... he was shocking as a defender and even worse as a captain. Scolari should have told him theres more to it than wearing an armband

Nice bit of work by Chelsea getting shod of him before the World Cup. I would imagine his value has dipped a little after that performance.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
After Klose set the record for most goals scored in the World Cup we were shown all of his goals. I didn't see any of his goals outside the 6 yard range.

I guess he is Klose by name and close by nature.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This thread has got it all wrong. It was a lack of Brazilian flair that lost them the match. Back in the day, the Brazilian side would have names such as Zico, Socrates, Garrancha, Pele. This one had Fred...Hulk...Bernard. Fred for f*ck's sake.

And as Stumpy Tim pointed out to me: 'Jo'.....we all know a 'Jo' and she probably works as a receptionist or hairdresser...maybe even in accounts and you know what? The name suits her. It's what you'd expect of a 'Jo'. "Jo the Brazilian world cup player"? I don't think so. Jo should be creating Brazilians not playing for them.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
we all know a 'Jo' and she probably works as a receptionist or hairdresser...maybe even in accounts

I work on a floor with 70 accountants, and, amazingly, bizarrely almost, there is not one Jo. They are all qualified accountants, with a few graduate trainees - if that's relevant. My son is called Joe. I'm sorry, I've forgotten what my point was now... :down:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
It may or may not be allowed to say the Dark Continent - only trouble is, you're about three thousand miles adrift!

Oh !

Didn't realise Ghana had been moved. Must be that damned Continental Drift.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Was a perfect storm for the Brazilians, a lot of it self inflicted, yes - still think they are a good team though. They outplayed a very useful Colombian team in the quarters, that shouldn't be forgotten. In losing key players, Big Phil went on the attack because he had a nation that wanted him to do that, but it was precisely the wrong thing to do against the best defend-as-team team in the tournament.

But if Big Phil had picked more defensive midfielders, had told Marcelo to stop pretending he's a winger - and had attempted very cagey stalemate tactics against the Germans - he'd probably still got a load of shit from everyone about betraying Brazilian history of flair. (Admittedly he still should have done this though).

Being a Brazilian manager was not a good place to be this week.

Funny to think the great Brazilians of 1982 (who also eventually pratfalled) also had similar weaknesses. A clown in goal and a donkey centre forward called Serginho (sp. ??) who moved even less than Fred

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Funny to think the great Brazilians of 1982 (who also eventually pratfalled) also had similar weaknesses. A clown in goal and a donkey centre forward called Serginho (sp. ??) who moved even less than Fred
Serghinho scored 2 in the 82 World Cup ,he was woeful but still better than Fred .As for Waldir Peres the keeper from 82 he was a clown.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
It just shows that people of Saxon descent can play decent football, the English are supposed to be related to the Germans despite a few wars in history.Apart from one day in 1966( including that dodgy 3rd goal which didn't go over the line) the Germans have a far supierior record than England in world cups and the European championship. We have the best domestic league in the world, so not sure why we have not done better over the years ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here