[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
They'll get through the group stage but then lose in the second round

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm amazed at this World Cup how many people don't universally love Brazil. I thought it was the law that they were everyone's second team but loads people hate them it seems. Or is this just younger generation so used to snipping at everything that you gotta hate 'em cause too many like 'em?

You seem to have confused hatred with overrated. Totally different things.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Jo is on. The man, rookie Steve Cook kept quiet on THAT night at Withdean.

Are you sure?
I seem to remember Jo's picture on the front of the programme, but thought that he didn't even travel with the squad that night. Or am I confusing him with someone else they'd just signed? :shrug:
Also, Cook only came on for the last few minutes but then also got an extra half hour of extra time, didn't he?
I'm really starting to doubt my memory of that night now.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I've missed much of this game - has Jonathan Pearce invented any controversy? Seen any goals that hit side netting? Or struggled with linear events happening in general? Or is he sober tonight? :)
Pearce tonight Brazil will qualify for the 2nd Round for the 18th time in a row,erm 1966 Johnathan Portugal and Hungary finished above them in the Group .

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Are you sure?
I seem to remember Jo's picture on the front of the programme, but thought that he didn't even travel with the squad that night. Or am I confusing him with someone else they'd just signed? :shrug:
Also, Cook only came on for the last few minutes but then also got an extra half hour of extra time, didn't he?
I'm really starting to doubt my memory of that night now.

That was Robinho. "Who needs Robinho, we've got Adam Virgo. La la la la la..."

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I'm amazed at this World Cup how many people don't universally love Brazil. I thought it was the law that they were everyone's second team but loads people hate them it seems. Or is this just younger generation so used to snipping at everything that you gotta hate 'em cause too many like 'em?

Hate them and always have (I'm 37 btw). I know a few other NSC'ers that share this view. Hate them because they cheat, they dive, they get all the decisions their way, commentators go way over the top with superlatives for them and I especially hate how people follow them 'because they are good'. As many others have said, they are the Man Utd of international football.

Holland, Germany, Italy and several other sides will rip them a new one, just like the Europeans did in the last world cup.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
The fact England have defeated them AND drawn with them in their own backyard in recent times suggests no, they're not.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] - If they're not all that do you wanna give me some ludicrous odds on them reaching the final? 10-1? maybe?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
They've obviously got good PLAYERS, but that doesn't make them a good TEAM

As the game went on last night, Neymar just tried to do everything on his own, and ended up disappearing up his own ******** most of the time.

They need to stop believing their own publicity and start playing TOGETHER

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Shit house at the back today thus far. Levels-your-devils is the least Cameroon deserve.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Dogshit at the back, nothing likeable about this Brazil team either.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Stop Oscar and Neymar and Brazil will fold. Though I dont expect Cameroon to be that tactically aware

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here