Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brazil crowds - where's the atmosphere?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Is it not possible that the crowd noise has been turned down on the broadcasts we're all watching to ensure that we don't miss the hilarious musings of Lawrenson or the laser like insight of Townsend?

Most of the games I've watched have had a lively looking crowd who have appeared to go utterly mental at times, with the actual sound volume not really changing at all.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
FIFA have finally killed the WC as far as I am concerned. All about the money and the main sponsors! Have you noticed how when they do a lot of the 'crowd shots' they always seem to be prominently holding large Budweiser or Coca Cola drinks cups or holders, that is no coincidence. Ive only had a passing interest in this world cup and that will probably dissipate to no interest at all if they insist in holding it in the corrupt unfriendly shithole that is Russia and the inhospitable rocky desert (but oil rich) of Qatar. Screw FIFA, screw the World Cup.

The cups are printed with the specific details of that day's match, like so:-

Cups.JPG

Hence everyone wishes to take them home as souvenirs; you see people walking out with 10 or more, having picked them up off the floor (or even out of the rubbish bins). I bet there isn't a single cup left on the ground when the crowd has dispersed.

And the atmosphere has been pretty decent at the 3 games I have been to so far, so :shrug:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
what is going on?

No drums, no samba, nothing. They has been a feature of every
world cup I can remember when Brazil have played most notably
Spain 82.

And the crowd sounds like those under 15 Scotland vs. England
schoolboy internationals screaming whenever Brazil get
the ball and then going quiet. It's bloo*y cringeworthy.

I just don't get it.

Drums? I'm sure I've read criticism of such things at football matches, don't they have one at Selhurst Park?

It's hard to believe that these games are being played in the same country that produces this sort of atmosphere at local games..

Clackers. Clackers? You cannot be for real, they are Beelzebubs playthings aren't they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here