Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza Tweet

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Looks like Calde will have to start there on Saturday then. THANKS Wellesley.

Look, stop messing me about. Do you want me to clean me boots or wot?:lol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can't believe anyone is daft enough to believe a single performance cost us promotion.
There's no logic or reason in that.

Of course not, but then when your second choice right back has got a yellow card, you know the opposition are going to target that weakness.
We need the strongest player for each position.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I just wonder if this is one of the times where the club has to loosen the purse strings in spite of FFP and hope for a cup run or some other income. If we start losing games due to a lack of left back, then some fans may turn their back and they'll make a loss anyway.

I have read some ridiculous things on here over the years, but this is right up there. Turn our backs on the club after a few losses due to the lack of a decent LB?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I have read some ridiculous things on here over the years, but this is right up there. Turn our backs on the club after a few losses due to the lack of a decent LB?

Not all supporters are true fans through 'thick and thin' and a few losses may impact on the 'feel good' factor, and as we have seen in the last 30 years some of our 'fans' are quite fickle to say the least.
Gates in the 80s the Mullery to Bailey years, dire level of football and a good few thousand went missing...

Not so ridiculous I would suggest :ffsparr::

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I just wonder if this is one of the times where the club has to loosen the purse strings in spite of FFP and hope for a cup run or some other income. If we start losing games due to a lack of left back, then some fans may turn their back and they'll make a loss anyway.

Are you sure you wouldn't be better off supporting Portsmouth?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Are you sure you wouldn't be better off supporting Portsmouth?

True, admittedly it does sound like a Portsmouth style of finance and clearly you are taking things to an extreme. Lets not forget Portsmouth paid inflated wages and sold businesses short, I'm certain my post doesn't suggest that in any way.

Taking some possible scenario's.....

No signing...

Positive - Calderon or Maksimenko, start, play well, team start well....... Fans positive.

Likely (IMO) - Calderon/Maksimenko start, are ok, team do ok....... we remain around 6th - 12th for the majority of the season.

Negative - Team start the season badly, around 18th, season fizzles out by end Feb...... Supporters start to drift, revenue streams drop as less people in the ground, season ends flat, potential season ticket sales are impacted upon. (Yes, I do believe some fans are that 'fickle').

As I have stated I do wonder whether strengthening our weakest position by spending up to £1m, might not be a bad move. I do accept that we would then need to recoup that somehow and it may be selling a player to balance the books, but that's the gamble. Even someone like Joe Mattock would be ok....

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well, it is obvious Dirty Leeds WILL attack us down our left-hand side if no LB is signed. Our chances of success in that game WILL decline significantly as a result.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I already count Agustien as ours. I mean we've seen him sign the contract and all!

So, one other. Time's getting tight though.

Oh and doesn't take a genius to figure out which position is most pressing. It'll be there.

Still confident?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Well, it is obvious Dirty Leeds WILL attack us down our left-hand side if no LB is signed. Our chances of success in that game WILL decline significantly as a result.

What does that even mean though, really? For what its worth, I'm happy for them to attack down that side - I'm more confident that Chicksen (who has bags of pace) and Upson can deal with anyone on that side - more so than Bruno & Greer or whoever is on the right!

But attacking down our left to do what? Sling crosses in?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Gus has left, no'one attacks a Garcia side, we attack them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here