Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza Tweet

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
We don't want a slow start. Last season, if we'd won at Hull on the opening day, we'd be playing Prem football this season. Fine margins and all that.

Whilst a slow start is obviously not ideal in any shape or form, any club can always take heart and look at Reading's 2011/2012 campaign where they pipped Southampton to the Championship title. They were 23rd in the table at one point but went on to win 17 of 23 games in the second half of the season. They actually got four points from their first six games. But I totally agree with you about fine margins - I still think about all the last minute goals we conceded last season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We don't want a slow start. Last season, if we'd won at Hull on the opening day, we'd be playing Prem football this season. Fine margins and all that.

Whilst a slow start is obviously not ideal in any shape or form, any club can always take heart and look at Reading's 2011/2012 campaign where they pipped Southampton to the Championship title. They were 23rd in the table at one point but went on to win 17 of 23 games in the second half of the season. They actually got four points from their first six games. But I totally agree with you about fine margins - I still think about all the last minute goals we conceded last season.

The reason we lost at Hull, in the last minute, was a Bruno mistake. That's why an experienced full back is needed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Then again Palace lost the first three or four games and were dreadful apparently.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The reason we lost at Hull, in the last minute, was a Bruno mistake. That's why an experienced full back is needed.

Well, an experienced (and good!) LB would certainly reduce the risk of conceding, no? We are obviously trying to sign one; let's be honest, the current options aren't looking that great.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Then again Palace lost the first three or four games and were dreadful apparently.

I'm sure that's true, and the Reading example shows what can be done from a (very!) slow start, but the sooner we get in our first choice LB, the better IMHO.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Hull's goal was scored with 5 minutes left on the clock and they held on. Bruno made a solitary mistake in an otherwise excellent performance defending and rampaging down the wing. If the header from CMS midway through the 2nd half had been more accurate and not bounced back off the crossbar we wouldn't have lost the match.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I just wonder if this is one of the times where the club has to loosen the purse strings in spite of FFP and hope for a cup run or some other income. If we start losing games due to a lack of left back, then some fans may turn their back and they'll make a loss anyway.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I just wonder if this is one of the times where the club has to loosen the purse strings in spite of FFP and hope for a cup run or some other income. If we start losing games due to a lack of left back, then some fans may turn their back and they'll make a loss anyway.

By all accounts the club is negotiating with a left back, a little patience may see a better deal

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hull's goal was scored with 5 minutes left on the clock and they held on. Bruno made a solitary mistake in an otherwise excellent performance defending and rampaging down the wing. If the header from CMS midway through the 2nd half had been more accurate and not bounced back off the crossbar we wouldn't have lost the match.

This is how I remember it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Can any one drip feed us a morsel of information about this LB we're negotiating with just to wet our appetites?......

:tumble:

Anybody?..................

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Plays left back
Is male
Older than 12
Younger than 40

It's me. Nautrally left footed, which is a plus. Lack of understanding of the game around me and blindness are the negatives.

And the tendonitis in my knees. Still, I can keep Will Hoskins company for a year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here