Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza Tweet

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So, the options are endless then! I never new NSC had so many talented left-backs! ;-)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We thought Dobbie was useless: ask a Blackpool fan & they worship him. Even Palace think he might come good this season. We think Mile Jedinak is a clumsy, elbowing workhorse: Palace think he's amazing.

Konchesky might not be someone I'd expected would fit our plans, but what the hell: if he comes here he'll get my support whatever

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
We thought Dobbie was useless: ask a Blackpool fan & they worship him. Even Palace think he might come good this season. We think Mile Jedinak is a clumsy, elbowing workhorse: Palace think he's amazing.

Konchesky might not be someone I'd expected would fit our plans, but what the hell: if he comes here he'll get my support whatever

You see chaps, this is why the ladies on here don't post much. They talk too much sense.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Does it REALLY need explaining ?

*sigh*

Yes! I see criticism of him, but who said he was terrible? Many think there are better options; and I'm proud to say I'm one of them.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Antonio López Guerrero or Abraham Minero (who played for Barca B, and was relegated from La Liga last season with Zaragoza).

And other random spaniards I've thrown into the ring.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So, the options are endless then! I never new NSC had so many talented left-backs! ;-)

not so much talented ....................but the only silly sod who was right footed and could tackle with my left foot and I might say one season while I lived in Chelmsford I actually scored 5 goals and the following season scored 7 goals but that did not count as 3 of them were OG's and unfortunately it all went downhill after that.:lolol:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Antonio López Guerrero or Abraham Minero (who played for Barca B, and was relegated from La Liga last season with Zaragoza).

And other random spaniards I've thrown into the ring.

Never heard of them. One sounds like a Brazilian club. Canella for me, but these sound exciting (because they don't sound English. No other reason)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
not so much talented ....................but the only silly sod who was right footed and could tackle with my left foot and I might say one season while I lived in Chelmsford I actually scored 5 goals and the following season scored 7 goals but that did not count as 3 of them were OG's and unfortunately it all went downhill after that.:lolol:

Sign him up! :thumbsup::wink::bowdown::lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes! I see criticism of him, but who said he was terrible? Many think there are better options; and I'm proud to say I'm one of them.

I alluded to the perception that many felt it would be a terrible signing. Mainly through reading posts such as....

Please dont tell me its Paul Konchesky.

From an exciting Spanish flair player to Paul K in minutes. Aaaah!

If we are looking at players like Paul Konchesky we may as well move back to the Withdean now. Truly terrible footballer.

Please god no! Terrible player

Yes an experienced LB would be nice, but dear god that isnt Konchesky.

Worst left back in top flight history

Etc.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Dobbie IS useless. Any palace fans' attempts to persuade us otherwise are just to try and justify the £850k transfer fee we mugged them for.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Would be a bit underwhelmed with Konchesky, solid enough with good pedigree but hardly 'high class'. Can't think of any 'high class' English left backs who we could realistically sign though. Interesting.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't agree with all this bile. Konchesky is a decent left back, I would be happy with signing him on a sensible deal.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I used to enjoy Wayne Bridge providing a fortnightly masterclass in the art of the fullback.

These threads remind me of Wiggins when asked (I think) about why he had not moved to Monaco. "It's a Shithole".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here