Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza Tweet

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Man City are better than us. As were every single club that Wayne Bridge has played for (except us)

But as a previous poster pointed out, those comments were about Bridge at a higher level. These comments are about a player whose level is currently the same as ours.

If we didn't want Shorey I can't see our club moving for Konchesky, personally.

West Ham were the same league as us, and slated him, barely got a look at Sunderland.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Most Leicester supporters I've come across are deeply deluded individuals who still think they have a God given right to be in The Premiership and thus judge every player based on that. I'd take their forum with a pinch of salt.

Is their a club in this country that people on here don't think have deluded fans? :lolol:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
West Ham were the same league as us, and slated him, barely got a look at Sunderland.

Unfit and out of love with Football on both occasions, Bridge said as much him self.

Konchesky's situation has no comparison to Bridge.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

True, but they were the best team in the league by a country mile. Can't imagine he was suited to Big Sam's brand of football either.
Having said that, it does show what a load of old bollocks gets written on football forums

:whistle:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I've always felt Konschesky is one of the worst players to play premier league football for a sustained period of time. Typical English fullback who get's by on hoofs and tenacity while offering little in possession and movement. Can't see him suiting us.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I still get a bit of a kick from the fact that the last player to score for England in a World Cup currently resides in our back 4.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK, he was also part of the defence that got humped 4-1 that day, but even so.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Leicester supporting mate of mine doesn't stop slating him.

He'd laugh his head off if this came true, and he's always first to note that he is on pretty high wages even by Leicester standards.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
If it is Konchesky, I wouldn't complain. Experienced, positional awareness and tackling is good. These skills can be passed onto Chicksen, then we can turn Chicksen into our Ashley Cole.

I would hope, however, it's a player that's more suited to our style of football. From what I've seen of Konchesky, he's a more traditional English player. But I'd love to be shown wrong, and he can keep the ball on the floor.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Stuart Pearce is looking for work isn't he?!?!

Could do a job!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So that'd be the Paul Konchesky who at 32 has spent the majority of his career in the Premier League playing for Charlton, Spurs, Liverpool, Fulham and West Ham, and has picked up a few caps for England..

And apparently, according to the NSC illuminati, this would be a TERRIBLE signing for our LB slot.

Mmmkay.

Who said terrible?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Roberto Carlos is only 40 - get him out of retirement!

I always played at left back even though I was right footed I am now nearly 67 and crippled but could lay across the goalmouth I suppose:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here