Bozza Tweet

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Palace and West Ham fans were laughing up their sleeves at us when we signed him, by most online opinion Upson was complete and utter bobbins. Seems to me a lot of folk take on board the first keyboard opinions they read, and then just run with it.

My West Ham supporting colleague told me that Bridge was useless last summer.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The thing with Bridge and Upson is that people were critical of them based on their performances in the Premier League and they hadn't already dropped down to the Championship.

Konchesky has been in the Championship for a couple of years and has been solid but hasn't set the world alight

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My West Ham supporting colleague told me that Bridge was useless last summer.

And I seem to remember the Man City reaction on their boards was to get out the party streamers when he left. Often seems to be the way.

As an aside, my Palace supporting colleague said this about Agustein:

"Swansea tried to off load him on to us a few seasons ago after a loan period. Looked ok nothing special and very slow and lazy and a poor passer. Strong but just not very mobile".

He's not actually a WUM at all, so I'm not dismissing his opinion, and a short-term loan spell rarely sees players pulling up any trees. But sometimes a fresh start can give a player a new lease of life. We just need to have a bit of faith that Oscar can get a tune out of him. I'd say more often than not though, whenever we sign a player who's been around a few years, the negative reviews outweigh the positive.

Some of the negative reactions to the prospect of Konchesky coming in are just laughable IMO.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

The Ashley Barnes of Leicester?

Don't know why Konchesky is getting so much stick.

He just went from being one of our most consistent performers to one of our most inconsistent.

But he wasn't continuously bad for a whole season, he played well at times last season, and he played poor and proved to be a weak link.

He is worth keeping for rotation.

What ever 'talent' or 'ability' Konchesky has it must be tempered by the fact he is reputedly one of our biggest earners. Is his ability worth that money? I'd say no.

Konchesky is a bag of crap and needs replacing, he's never been any good. Liverpool say he's the worst player they've ever signed, unfortunately we have signed ten's of terrible players so can't be describe the same at Leicester.

I actually think Konchesky is coming to the end of his sell by date, but that doesn't mean he hasn't put in many a decent shift for us previously, scored some spectacular goals and been a fan's favourite.

Sign him up...

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Konchesky has hair now!! Makes him look like a lesbian!

Capture.JPG

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Some of the negative reactions to the prospect of Konchesky coming in are just laughable IMO.

To be fair, though, Easy, it fits nicely into this board's long and ignoble history of some posters knocking a player before they've even kicked a ball for us (some of whom never do anyway).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Palace and West Ham fans were laughing up their sleeves at us when we signed him, by most online opinion Upson was complete and utter bobbins. Seems to me a lot of folk take on board the first keyboard opinions they read, and then just run with it.
You mean there's actually some logic to their stupidity. You flatter them.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
To be fair, though, Easy, it fits nicely into this board's long and ignoble history of some posters knocking a player before they've even kicked a ball for us (some of whom never do anyway).

Not really, some are basing their opinion on taking notice of football supporters who have watched him week in week out and some are making a judgement on the fact that his Wiki page said he used to play in the Premier League.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Why are people ignoring that the Leicester forum (yeah, that team that weren't as good as us last year) seem to think that he's: a) shit b) not worth wages or c) on the decline?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why are people ignoring that the Leicester forum (yeah, that team that weren't as good as us last year) seem to think that he's: a) shit b) not worth wages or c) on the decline?

Same comments we saw about Wayne Bridge?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Baffling isn't it :shrug:

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Same comments we saw about Wayne Bridge?

But as a previous poster pointed out, those comments were about Bridge at a higher level. These comments are about a player whose level is currently the same as ours.

If we didn't want Shorey I can't see our club moving for Konchesky, personally.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
But sometimes a fresh start can give a player a new lease of life. We just need to have a bit of faith that Oscar can get a tune out of him. I'd say more often than not though, whenever we sign a player who's been around a few years, the negative reviews outweigh the positive..

Works both ways of course, some Exeter folks have Ryan Harley down as one of their best three players EVER

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports