Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza Tweet

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
So that'd be the Paul Konchesky who at 32 has spent the majority of his career in the Premier League playing for Charlton, Spurs, Liverpool, Fulham and West Ham, and has picked up a few caps for England..

And apparently, according to the NSC illuminati, this would be a TERRIBLE signing for our LB slot.

Mmmkay.

Thats the one, the one that the majority of Leicester fans have said he's been a total donkey for them.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Highly unlikely, you knew what i was getting at.

If you have 15 members of staff, with knowledge of potential transfers, who all have family and friends in brighton, I would suggest it's not unlikely at all that some people on here would know about potential deals.

1 person in the know tells 3 people. They each tell 3 who then tell 3.

Rumours spread very quickly.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
So that'd be the Paul Konchesky who at 32 has spent the majority of his career in the Premier League playing for Charlton, Spurs, Liverpool, Fulham and West Ham, and has picked up a few caps for England..

And apparently, according to the NSC illuminati, this would be a TERRIBLE signing for our LB slot.

Mmmkay.

The NSC Illuminati are the gift that keeps giving, utterly hilarious, they could be a Paul Whitehouse sketch.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Can't imagine Konchesky coming to us. He's on big wages at leicester and would probably be their first choice this season. So we'd have to give them a decent bid and no doubt up his already 'premier league wages'. So i can'y see it myself. However, are people really saying he's useless? He's a very experienced full back and is quality. Yeah he's no Wayne Bridge but we're not going to get another left back like Bridge, realistically its only going to be a step down in quality from Bridge. In saying this, i would much prefer Roberto Canella off Sporting Gijon and i really think he's a possibility.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can't imagine Konchesky coming to us. He's on big wages at leicester and would probably be their first choice this season. So we'd have to give them a decent bid and no doubt up his already 'premier league wages'. So i can'y see it myself. However, are people really saying he's useless? He's a very experienced full back and is quality. Yeah he's no Wayne Bridge but we're not going to get another left back like Bridge, realistically its only going to be a step down in quality from Bridge. In saying this, i would much prefer Roberto Canella off Sporting Gijon and i really think he's a possibility.

The possibility is because we played a pre season game against them? Frutos knows about Spanish football but he hasn't ever, to my knowledge, posted anything about transfers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All I'm aware on the LB we are close to signing is he is described as being "high class". I didn't ask any more, nor was I told any more.

Konchesky came from somewhere else so it's a case of 2+2=...

I just don't know if the answer to that particular sum is 4 or 5 currently.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
The possibility is because we played a pre season game against them? Frutos knows about Spanish football but he hasn't ever, to my knowledge, posted anything about transfers.

Well kind of yeah. We've seen him and like the look of him, he's also seen us and our style of play being similar. Gijon are in the 2nd division of Spanish football and we are in the 2nd division of english football with a good chance of promotion to the premier league. We could also pay him more than Gijon no doubt. Please tell me how thats not a possibility. Also you mention frutos, glad you did actually......because if you look at his comments he has hinted towards it.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Would be underwhelmed by Konchesky.
Just surprised that so far all signings seem to be from the club (Upson, Chicksen, Dave) and nothing from Oscar's contacts - i really expected at least one flair European signing this summer rather than the likes of Chicksen from L1

Abit dissappointed with that myself. As of now it looks like Burke is in charge of player recruitment and Oscar is the coach to get the best out of them. Not what I was expecting at all.*

*One foriegn signing and I reserve the right to retract the statement above.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thats the one, the one that the majority of Leicester fans have said he's been a total donkey for them.

You don't spend your entire career in the top 2 divisions of english football playing for the clubs he's played for by being a "total donkey".
If OG and our chief scout think he can do a job, then I'd take their judgement over a bunch of Leicester grizzlers any day of the week, and twice on Sundays (and whether "the majority" of Leicester fans hold that opinion is debatable, where's the proof of that, an online poll ?).

People thumbing their noses at the possible prospect of signing a decent experienced LB who knows this league and has spent most of his career playing at the highest level ? Unreal. Bridge turned out to be a quite exceptional signing, we're not going to get anyone who can hold a candle to him. But Konchesky, in my opinion, could certainly "do a job" for us. He still gets up and down the pitch whenever I've seen him play. I'd be more than happy if he was our new LB.

There I said it.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
You don't spend your entire career in the top 2 divisions of english football playing for the clubs he's played for by being a "total donkey".
If OG and our chief scout think he can do a job, then I'd take their judgement over a bunch of Leicester grizzlers any day of the week, and twice on Sundays (and whether "the majority" of Leicester fans hold that opinion is debatable, where's the proof of that, an online poll ?).

People thumbing their noses at the possible prospect of signing a decent experienced LB who knows this league and has spent most of his career playing at the highest level ? Unreal. Bridge turned out to be a quite exceptional signing, we're not going to get anyone who can hold a candle to him. But Konchesky, in my opinion, could certainly "do a job" for us. He still gets up and down the pitch whenever I've seen him play. I'd be more than happy if he was our new LB.

There I said it.

Indeed. At let's not forget, any other team's fans spending any time on here checking out whether they'd be getting a decent player in Barnes would think he's a donkey too. I rest may case; t'internet is populated mostly by idiots,

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He's not well thought of there, or at Forest, where he performed poorly whilst on loan.

Some West Ham friends of mine laughed at me as well when I mentioned his name.

And he spent most of his time in the Prem almost half a decade ago, not really relevant now.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
All I'm aware on the LB we are close to signing is he is described as being "high class". I didn't ask any more, nor was I told any more.

I guess the obvious starting point for guessing who it is would be to check out the left back's at Swansea City.

Dec 29, 2011
Some West Ham friends of mine laughed at me as well when I mentioned his name.

And he spent most of his time in the Prem almost half a decade ago, not really relevant now.

Probably the same people who laughed at Kuszczak. Let's be honest, most people who follow the Premier League don't really know that much :thumbsup:

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
With all due respect, people laughed at us signing Matthew Upson and people on here even said he was useless, a.donkey etc......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here