Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza Tweet

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He obviously doesn't have to be present if any talks were actually ongoing (agents, representatives, etc.) That's almost saying any player who is starting a Pre-season friendly today isn't for sale/won't move/key member of squad. The fact that Dobbie is starting for Palace today completely blows the latter part of that theory out of the water!

Dobbie only played the 1st half , the SE25 Messi also withdrawn. :lol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yup Spanish Dave running out with the team for tonight's game :thumbsup:

Unlikely but I would love it

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Am I wrong in thinking Dave removed the "Football Player of Brighton & Hove Albion FC" from his twitter header when his contract ended? It's now back . . .

You are correct.....well that is definitely worth considering. Please let it be the Ian Brown look-a-like!!!!!

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Just casting my eye over a few of the suggestions and, assuming Bozza's true to his word about a 'fan favourite', you can rule out:
Elphick - Popular local boy
Sidwell - Popular loan signing
McShane - One great goal but not actually that good IMO and not a position we need to sign more
Harding - Suggested recently. A fan favourite in a big way, but only when he's playing for the opposition!
Hammond - Fairly "meh"
Bennett - Ruled out
Zamora - Ruled out
Chris Wood - Fan favourite?!
Joel Lynch - Like Elphick, popular local boy but hardly a favourite.
CKR - I'm with Edna (who probably knows who it is at any rate). The man's an absolute ****. No thanks.
Leon - I think we all know that isn't happening
Razak - Looked class but clearly not right up top
Assulin - The very essence of MEH

So, who else have we had in the last 10 years who could be classed as a fan favourite?
OGH - Nope
Bridge - Sadly no
Noone - Yeah, he'd fit. Need midfielders too. I don't personally think he'll add much though...other than character
Dave - He'd definitely fit too, but I'm not sure Bozza's wording really suggests that
Vicente - Same as Dave
Baz Savage? :lolol:
Alexis Bertin was pretty popular whilst here, but he's getting on and played at a pretty low level.
Murray - Very, very injured and very, very Palace
Kuipers - Retired
Ben Roberts - Retired
Therry Racon - On a free after being released by Milwall (where he played one game in two years)
Adam Virgo - Think he's retired
Guy Butters - Retired
Chris Iwelumo - Getting on and just signed for Scunny
Matt Sparrow - No
Jake Robinson - Finally found his level at Whitehawk
Dean Cox - Always quite liked him, but not what we need
Jose Reyes - Another man with driving problems. Been here, there and everywhere since playing on loan. Not really a favourite

Noone, Dave, Dagger. Can't see how it could possibly be anyone else.

Edit: Oh and as for "How could anyone hope it's not Vicente?
I would like us to increase our squad depth, rather than our medical bills. The money could be better spent on someone who will play 30+ games a year.

I think it's probably Spanish Dave but out of interest, why have you ruled out Sidwell?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Indeed. Tony is ruthless so won't stand for someone taking 5 weeks to decide.

Vicente more likely, may have released him due to unknown manager situation?

I will be shocked if Tony sanctions further (largely wasted) outlay on Vicente. Permanent class, permanent injured.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If you want the player you get the player, does it really matter if he took 5 weeks to decide.

maybe the contract offer being withdrawn and Dave's goodbye statement were simply part of the negotiation process

Have to agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here