Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza Tweet

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Elliott Bennett would be the player i would love to see return, but I'm guessing Lopez.

albionite

May 20, 2009
she does seem to be miserable and negative about our prospects...really want this to be Spanish Dave

Well so far she has been right we haven't got any of those players she said we have no chance of getting

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Indeed. Tony is ruthless so won't stand for someone taking 5 weeks to decide.

Vicente more likely, may have released him due to unknown manager situation?

I've changed my mind. It's got to be Dave or Vicente and perhaps Dave is so keen to return they've had a rethink. I hope so.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Just casting my eye over a few of the suggestions and, assuming Bozza's true to his word about a 'fan favourite', you can rule out:
Elphick - Popular local boy
Sidwell - Popular loan signing
McShane - One great goal but not actually that good IMO and not a position we need to sign more
Harding - Suggested recently. A fan favourite in a big way, but only when he's playing for the opposition!
Hammond - Fairly "meh"
Bennett - Ruled out
Zamora - Ruled out
Chris Wood - Fan favourite?!
Joel Lynch - Like Elphick, popular local boy but hardly a favourite.
CKR - I'm with Edna (who probably knows who it is at any rate). The man's an absolute ****. No thanks.
Leon - I think we all know that isn't happening
Razak - Looked class but clearly not right up top
Assulin - The very essence of MEH

So, who else have we had in the last 10 years who could be classed as a fan favourite?
OGH - Nope
Bridge - Sadly no
Noone - Yeah, he'd fit. Need midfielders too. I don't personally think he'll add much though...other than character
Dave - He'd definitely fit too, but I'm not sure Bozza's wording really suggests that
Vicente - Same as Dave
Baz Savage? :lolol:
Alexis Bertin was pretty popular whilst here, but he's getting on and played at a pretty low level.
Murray - Very, very injured and very, very Palace
Kuipers - Retired
Ben Roberts - Retired
Therry Racon - On a free after being released by Milwall (where he played one game in two years)
Adam Virgo - Think he's retired
Guy Butters - Retired
Chris Iwelumo - Getting on and just signed for Scunny
Matt Sparrow - No
Jake Robinson - Finally found his level at Whitehawk
Dean Cox - Always quite liked him, but not what we need
Jose Reyes - Another man with driving problems. Been here, there and everywhere since playing on loan. Not really a favourite

Noone, Dave, Dagger. Can't see how it could possibly be anyone else.

Edit: Oh and as for "How could anyone hope it's not Vicente?
I would like us to increase our squad depth, rather than our medical bills. The money could be better spent on someone who will play 30+ games a year.

Nice work there TSB. I see that Noone is playing from the start for Cardiff vs Cheltenham today. Suggests he's staying put.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

If you want the player you get the player, does it really matter if he took 5 weeks to decide.

maybe the contract offer being withdrawn and Dave's goodbye statement were simply part of the negotiation process

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I give you Calderon & El-Abd.
Vicente was released by the club not the manager.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Cheers. Good info on Nooney. Does rather suggest it isn't him. Wish I was ITK :down:

He obviously doesn't have to be present if any talks were actually ongoing (agents, representatives, etc.) That's almost saying any player who is starting a Pre-season friendly today isn't for sale/won't move/key member of squad. The fact that Dobbie is starting for Palace today completely blows the latter part of that theory out of the water!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He obviously doesn't have to be present if any talks were actually ongoing (agents, representatives, etc.) That's almost saying any player who is starting a Pre-season friendly today isn't for sale/won't move/key member of squad. The fact that Dobbie is starting for Palace today completely blows the latter part of that theory out of the water!

If we were negotiating with Cardiff and they were keen to sell, he wouldn't be playing today.
If we're only interested then that's true, but the tweet suggested the move would be this week so...

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
If we were negotiating with Cardiff and they were keen to sell, he wouldn't be playing today.
If we're only interested then that's true, but the tweet suggested the move would be this week so...

Oh yes, you're right. It did say that. Oh well! Let's carry on guessing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here