Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] #BoycottArsenal

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Newcastle fans are basically moaning because their club isn't spending as much on transfers as they'd like, and because they think the club should be higher placed than it is owing to the fact they have lots of fans and live in "a passionate football city".

What has Ashley actually done to compare with, say, SISU at Coventry, or Ken Anderson at Bolton, to Bill Archer or Owen & Karl Oyston or Ken Richardson?

Benitez was the luckiest manager ever. Newcastle were crap for swathes of last season, but good old Rafa successfully managed to blame Ashley for every poor performance (a tactic known as Redknapping), thus ensuring the suckers buying the season tickets still worshipped his every move no matter how badly they played. Then he buggered off to China the second somebody offered him £12m per year. And still none of the Geordies question him. Amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never questioned his ability as a manager, but when results didn't go his way he was certainly quick to blame the 'Mike Ashley factor'.. I have also lost some respect for him for jumping on the gravy train and buggering off to China.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here