Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Boxing Day Parking London

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Planning to go into central London on Boxing Day to see the lights, meal out etc. No trains so thinking of driving either into London and finding somewhere cheap and easy to park near a tube or stop further out and tube in a bit further (say Morden way) Any recommendations as to where to head for?

Nicksinclair13

Oct 28, 2023
I drove up Saturday night and parked in an underground carpark at South Bank. 15 minute walk from Strand, Covent Garden, Leicester Square etc. Got there around 6pm and was like £7 all night. Would definitely use it again… Google ‘Apcoa Southbank’ for details.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Planning to go into central London on Boxing Day to see the lights, meal out etc. No trains so thinking of driving either into London and finding somewhere cheap and easy to park near a tube or stop further out and tube in a bit further (say Morden way) Any recommendations as to where to head for?
There is a NCP near Morden which I've used on occasion.

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
Not in the area you want but the Minories is where I always park. It's close to Tower Hill station and cheap at weekends (about a fiver all day on Sundays)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Which part of London are you heading to? There's no congestion charge between Christmas and new year plus a lot of parking restrictions aren't in force on bank holidays so you could probably find some free on-street parking by checking streetview before you go. Find central London is often cheaper and easier to park in than central Brighton.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
As people have said JustPark is the answer

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
I use Morden a lot to park and tube it into town, did it yesterday for the Arsenal game. Morden is in the ULEZ now BTW...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yes to both of these, I’ve used them before but was more looking for some pointers as to which areas to head for. I’m tempted by the suggestion of just driving into town.

Well if you want a nice balance between getting in and getting out, near a tube station and not getting stung for the parking, I would suggest Balham / Clapham would be a good bet.

Depending on where you end up in the WW, you've got the option of the Victoria Line to get back on as well and a quick walk over at Stockwell.

It's usually a change at Kennington - but that's easy. Just cross over to the other train.

Probably faster than driving out from the centre. Balham to Oxford Circus 28 min, Clapham Common to Oxford Circus 22 mins.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes to both of these, I’ve used them before but was more looking for some pointers as to which areas to head for. I’m tempted by the suggestion of just driving into town.
North Greenwich is ace - easy drive to get there from here, plenty of parking at the station and Jubilee Line straight into the City (6/7 mins to London Bridge) and/or West End (15 mins to Bond St).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here