Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boxing Day Hunt

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Seems to me these brave "Hunters" are missing a trick as they persue some poor old scraggy dog throught the mud and muck..... I see so many dead foxes on the road to Bognor when I go to work, maybe forget the horses and dogs and just bomb up and down A roads in 4x4's ?

1066gull

I used to be a supporter of it but I'm fed up with them. Running over our land freely as if they own it up and down and make unbelievable damage with the horses it costs us money. Its far better in this day and age to just shoot them, there is no place for this tradition anymore.

I'm as country as you can get, but I don't think hunts have a purpose anymore.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Can the hunters on here fill us in the question of the 3,000 dogs exterminated at half their life in the name of sport, I asked earlier ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Personally I dont like hunting but what annoys me most about the Countryside Alliance is the fact they are a single issue party. There are far greater threats to the countryside and country life and existence which they totally ignore. Where are their policies on rural transport? Housing? Jobs? Farming? They are only concerned with hunting which to be honest is a minor part of country life.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think people should be allowed to get on with their traditions.

In our family, on boxing day, we go down to the rspca and get a dog. Then we creep around the neighbours gardens searching out cats, guinea pigs etc. When we find them, we set the dog onto them and then wipe the entrails across our kids faces. Of course, we kill the dog at the end of boxing day as we don't want to feed it all year and we can always get another one next year.

I hate these bloody antis who don't understand our way of life and traditions :rant:

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
An excellent turn out for the Crawley & Horsham Foxhounds today, a field of over 50 horses and around 500 supporters, and not an Anti in sight ! This is probably THE best turnout i've seen since i was a kid.
Tally Ho !
Damm the Ban !

Oh and no I don't hunt but I do foot follow.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Can the hunters on here fill us in the question of the 3,000 dogs exterminated at half their life in the name of sport, I asked earlier ?

Don't quote me on this as I don't know for sure but at a guess because there is NO way you could re-home a Foxhound they are not a pet. They are bred to hunt and obviously with hunting being banned, what do you do ? I'm not saying I agree with it but I do understand the reasons why.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Thats interesting,i probably only post on here a couple of times a day so how you can remember my posts is beyond me.....

the ones on this thread are enough ....on your horse and ride off into the sunset..........tell me are going to eat what you kill .........oh sorry you can't now can you because people like me and many others spent years putting a stop to your barbaric **sport**..........and if you think you have any chance of repealing the law people like your good self keep bringing to the fore and reminding people just what you are about killing small animals.
Now if you like killing living things why not go to Afghanistan and shoot a few Taliban .................oh no hang on a minute they shoot back.

get a real life and what the hell are you doing on a football forum

the gay guy got it right "the unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable"

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I used to be a supporter of it but I'm fed up with them. Running over our land freely as if they own it up and down and make unbelievable damage with the horses it costs us money. Its far better in this day and age to just shoot them, there is no place for this tradition anymore.

I'm as country as you can get, but I don't think hunts have a purpose anymore.

Is the right answer

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I'm neither pro or anti fox hunting but nothing pisses me off more than either side dragging fishing into it, Stick to your fox hunting debates and leave us fishermen out of it please.

Had my pole run over on the banks of the trent by a peta file madman on a bike half way through a match a few years back,what the goon didnt get was that i hadnt had a bite for 3 hours and was just as usual feeding the fish,i have a idea why these ban this ban that hippies do it,but sooner or later one of these animal rights protesters will snap the wrong anglers pole and end up fish bait themselves,Happy new year :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here