Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boxing Day Hunt

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Got any opinions to add??:lol:

Nope. I just get stuck in the middle, with the mung-bean-munching self-righteous tree huggers on one side and the tweedy Hoorays crapping on about their ancient rights to kill everything furry on the other*.

*I figured if I gratuitously stereotype everybody involved, then nobody can claim to be offended:lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Nope. I just get stuck in the middle, with the mung-bean-munching self-righteous tree huggers on one side and the tweedy Hoorays crapping on about their ancient rights to kill everything furry on the other*.

*I figured if I gratuitously stereotype everybody involved, then nobody can claim to be offended:lolol:

You know, you're absolutely right ... Again !

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
When it comes to not understanding facts you're a fine one to talk. Your posts on various subjects about on here make you look a complete idiot. What's right about tearing an animal to pieces in the name of sport ? Hunts people always display an arrogance that beggers belief.

Thats interesting,i probably only post on here a couple of times a day so how you can remember my posts is beyond me.....

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I can easily remember you posts by the utterly hysterical tone. I can remember one ridiculous rant about Mark McGhee where you accused him of ruining the club. Hence I find it hard to take your posts seriously.

Anyway, it's Christmas so let's not argue, are you still in the RAF ?

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Foxes do not kill just what they need to sustain themselves, they also kill for fun, they have been known to kill all the chickens in a hen house but only taking 1 or 2 of the dead birds, leaving the rest.

Is that not what humans who go to these things are doing? Unless of course they eat the foxes later.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Is that not what humans who go to these things are doing? Unless of course they eat the foxes later.

Wasting your time there. At the end of the day if you condemn fox hunting you have to add fishing and shooting which are also 'sport'. (Mind you so is rugby and boxing).

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Wasting your time there. At the end of the day if you condemn fox hunting you have to add fishing and shooting which are also 'sport'. (Mind you so is rugby and boxing).

Was just a curious argument that's all. It's something that doesn't concern me, so I stay out of the argument really.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I can easily remember you posts by the utterly hysterical tone. I can remember one ridiculous rant about Mark McGhee where you accused him of ruining the club. Hence I find it hard to take your posts seriously.

Anyway, it's Christmas so let's not argue, are you still in the RAF ?

Yes yes i am! For about another year,then hoping to join the Old Bill:thumbsup:

You have some memory!

Tally ho!!:p

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester

Strange question i know,but just out of interest,if you had to have one of your "streotypes" as your Uncle say,or you HAD to go to a dinner party or something with one of those groups,which one would you choose? A "Mung-Bean-munching self-righteous tree hugger" Or a "tweedy hooray"??

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm, well having met plenty of people on both sides of that particular coin, I'd genuinely have to sit on the fence a bit.

You have to treat people as you find them, don't you, I generally find that if you're polite and reasonable towards them, then they respond in kind, whatever you're trying to do with them. Just because I disagree with somebody's political views, doesn't mean I have to be a total arse towards them.

So I can't really say I'd hate to spend any time with the protestor fringe, any more than with the horsey toffs, as I'm sure there are reasonable people (as well as complete tossers) on each side.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ban the ban for me. Our countryside has been descimated enough with the shameful neglect of the farmers and they should not be banned from living how they have done for many many years.

I will be at Kempton park on Boxing day watching National Hunt racing, had I not been I would have been supporting my local hunt here in West Sussex, and laughing at the anti hunt and go and have a bath brigade.

Jan 30, 2008
May i take this oppotunity to encourage anyone who is stumped for something interesting to do on Boxing Day morning to go along and support thier local hunt.

There are several meeting in various parts of Sussex and always looking for support from people on foot.Its also great to take the family along to the meet itself and you will be welcomed warmly with Port,mulled wine and mince pies!!

The Boxing day hunt is part of the history of our country and a classic christmas country traddition.

On Boxing Day over 300 hunts will meet and 250,000 people will demonstrate their support.Please feel free to join in the next stage of the campaign urging politicians to Scrap the Act.

When the ban came into force the first priority was to maintain the infrastructure of hunting until the law is changed. This year there are more hunts meeting on Boxing Day than there were last and more people are hunting than before the ban.

The next task was to show that the Hunting Act is bad law. A recent poll showed that less than three in ten (29%) of UK adults think the Hunting Act is working and from left to right the media has poured scorn on the Hunting Act and those who made it law.

The final part of the campaign is to scrap the Hunting Act. The case for repeal is undeniable, and will be made consistently over the coming year. Hunting will outlast the Government that tried to ban it, and it is inevitable that a future parliament will seek a resolution to the hunting issue based on principle, not prejudice.

BAN THE BAN!!!:clap:
working class ............... you:tosser:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Your assuming that all hunts result in kills, which in truth is fairly rare for a fox to be caught as they usually manage to evade the hounds or go to ground.

Those that get caught tend to be the weaker foxes, either because they are lame or injured (and unable to hunt to feed themselves) or sick - they are the ones whose chance of surviving the winter is fairly slim to nil, and likely to suffer a slow painful death from starvation.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here