Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boxing Day Football

If you do get to any non league matches post your thoughts on here, I'm sure I'm not the only one that loves to hear about it.

I'm signing off now for the festive period so I wish you all well and hope you have a peaceful Christmas and I will see you in the flesh in the east stand on the 27th, I usually wear a PTFC hat so say hello, although I am usually pissed

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I bet Benturkey won't take anymore penalties for Palarse now after having one saved and Cabaye is back in the side. They should have had this game won already.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Soft penalty it has to be said. Which makes it even funnier.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Big sam's not happy with the lack lustre diving by Wilf today , he will be in for extra training tomorrow.

3598297460-edcd6e202b73677ac95f32167f3e0a80.gif

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
O'Grady on the bench for Burton. Aston Villa 1-1. Capacity 42K+ crowd expected.

Leeds doing above the norm to be leading 1-3 at Preston NE

Only game going our way is Huddersfield losing at home to Forest. They might come back and win that?

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Just got back the big Sussex derby at The Pilot Field:

FT: Hastings United 3-0 Lewes Town

Crowd of 702, I reckon there were a good 150 Lewes fans there. 2 cracking first goals for Hastings, and a red card for Lewes in the first half. Decent game of football though and a proper derby too - no coach for the away team needed.

I hadn't been to The Pilot Field for a little while and something that never changes is the playing surface - first class. Bizarrely though the entire perimeter of the playing surface is protected by an electric fence?! Presumably to keep away foxes and badgers etc. The fact a Lewes player climbed over it to retrieve a ball for thrown in indicated it wasn't switched on during the game though!

Apart from the result (1-3) a great day at Peacehaven, a gate of 435 doubled this seasons best and once the beer kicked in Peacehaven's vocal element enjoyed a sing up. Plenty of handshakes all round at the end and an early afternoon stagger home was akin to a nice warm summers evening. I don't usually get a lot of time off over xmas but I'll see QPR, Cardiff and Eastbourne Town (a) on the 2nd before I go back to work.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Apart from the result (1-3) a great day at Peacehaven, a gate of 435 doubled this seasons best and once the beer kicked in Peacehaven's vocal element enjoyed a sing up. Plenty of handshakes all round at the end and an early afternoon stagger home was akin to a nice warm summers evening. I don't usually get a lot of time off over xmas but I'll see QPR, Cardiff and Eastbourne Town (a) on the 2nd before I go back to work.

That is living the life, and I mean it.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
There is a ongoing thread about cycling, I don't go on there and tell them I don't have a bike.
Your post is nonsense, I would rather say nothing than post something really stupid.

The OP is just telling us about Sussex teams playing on Boxing Day, some of us just may want to get out for some fresh air and to see a match on the day.

BG didn't get where he is today (25,000+ post count) by not replying to threads of irrelevance to him with non sensical remarks BN9!

Love the cycling thread comment. *wanders over to see BGs comment of "I don't like cycling" on very thread*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here