Boxing day 1978

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Albion 5 Cardiff 0. Teddy Maybank hatrick. Anyone else remember it?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Remember the score and know I was there but don't remember much about the game. Was also at the Charlton game courtesy of BR who had supplied tickets due to their failure to deliver me to the City Ground in Nottingham the previous month.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I was in the south stand that day and I remember Teddy scoring with a fantastic diving header. Think Nobby scored a penalty as well.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Boxing Day 1979 was even better.
Brighton 3 - 0 Palace
Peter Ward tied Jim Cannon in knots that day.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I was behind the goal in front of the south stand If I remember correctly the balls Teddy as opposed to him putting them in the net. That game saved his Brighton career.

Correct psb, I was in the East Terrace and I think the crosses for each of his goals came from Lawrenson, all dopey Maybank had to do was stand there and let the ball hit his head.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Stood on the East terrace with my dad, mum, sister and an auntie and uncle I think - though details are a bit sketchy as I was 9 at the time. Got home and my brothers mate had broken the new trainset I'd got for christmas. Still, the Albion won.....

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
I was behind the goal in front of the south stand If I remember correctly the balls Teddy as opposed to him putting them in the net. That game saved his Brighton career.

Yes. He couldn't hit a barn door before that game. Not the most popular forward! I was in the NS and seem to remember most of the goals that day went in at the south end?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Remember the score and know I was there but don't remember much about the game. Was also at the Charlton game courtesy of BR who had supplied tickets due to their failure to deliver me to the City Ground in Nottingham the previous month.

I was there on train number three. Sat for ages at Willesden and Neasden. Eventually got as far as Kettering before they gave up and brought us home again. I remember bins full of sandwiches being provided at East Croydon as they feared a riot but we were too tired and disappointed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports