Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Reality

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Here you go then, all Bowies studio albums, which are NSCs favourites? Choose your favourite 3 albums. I'm not sure there will be many votes lower down the list.

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I can see 'Never Let Me Down' struggling a bit here

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have only ever liked one or two of his songs to be honest, so I voted for " none, they are all shite"

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
Aladdin sane,scary monsters and hunky dory for me.but a tough choice to nail down the top three as most of his output up to and including scary monsters is top drawer.
what about the widely panned tin machine?not strictly bowie albums but the first one is a guilty pleasure.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Aladdin sane,scary monsters and hunky dory for me.but a tough choice to nail down the top three as most of his output up to and including scary monsters is top drawer.
what about the widely panned tin machine?not strictly bowie albums but the first one is a guilty pleasure.

I thought about putting the Tin Machine albums in, but by his own admission, they are not Bowie albums. When they were relased he was admamnt that TM was not a superstar side act, but a bona fide act in its own right. That said, both albums weren't that great, the first being slightly better than the second.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Side 1 of Hunky Dory for me

Gone are the days of your favourite side of an album

Bombers is one of my all time favourite Bowie songs, wasn't on the original album, but was on the Rykodisc reissue.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Apologies to "true" Bowie fans, but I love the "David Bowie" album! Uncle Arthur, Rubber Band, There Is A Happy Land, etc - these are lovely little pieces of melodrama, bizarre in parts, moving in others, very English, real period pieces. My wife hates it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Apologies to "true" Bowie fans, but I love the "David Bowie" album! Uncle Arthur, Rubber Band, There Is A Happy Land, etc - these are lovely little pieces of melodrama, bizarre in parts, moving in others, very English, real period pieces. My wife hates it.

My moustache was stiffly waxed and one foot long!

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Here you go then, all Bowies studio albums, which are NSCs favourites? Choose your favourite 3 albums. I'm not sure there will be many votes lower down the list.

For me, it has to be the greatest hits. Great album.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
Only really just got into his music, can someone please tell which songs are best??? thanks.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
LET'S DANCE

Forgot about that earlier. Fantastic album. Let's Dance, China Girl, Modern Love, come on!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Only really just got into his music, can someone please tell which songs are best??? thanks.

Get the top five voted albums in this poll, lock yourself away with them, listen, and you'll see.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Although I think the three consecutive early 70s' albums 'Hunk Dory', 'Ziggy Stardust' and 'Aladdin Sane' are all classics (I did vote for the last of these three, but it was a close call), I actually think one of the best Bowie tracks was on the Space Oddity album - 'Cygnet Committee'; this track still leaves me stunned with awe and admiration even today - one of those songs which starts of slowly, amost folky, and just steadily builds up to an apocolyptic crescendo!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here