Bowe Bergdahl released.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Anyone else read the thread title and just assume it was going to be about some obscure Danish defender, probably playing for Blackburn reserves or something, that nobody had previously heard of, and who could arguably do a job?

Yep!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
His parents are understandably delighted, I just hope they aren't expecting the same son to return.

Notwithstanding the trauma of being held captive for five years there will also be a number of other question marks

Stockholm Syndrome would be my number one concern. Five years of listening to his captors and there rhetoric will have left an imprint somewhere

The local farmers will have to lock up their goats when he returns :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But hey, you can bet your life the Hollywood script is being written as we type now. He'll do alright out of it.
We have no idea how he's been treated, or how he is mentally. If he ends up making some money, that doesn't mean he's done alright out of it.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
We have no idea how he's been treated, or how he is mentally. If he ends up making some money, that doesn't mean he's done alright out of it.

A bit like the chaps being held without charge, in cages, made to wear gags, blindfolds, chains and orange jump suits in Guantanamo Bay? A lot of them kidnapped by extraordinary rendition by the way. Oh, and lets not forget Abu Ghraib?

But I suppose that's OK because they're Muslims eh?

We reap what we sow I'm afraid.

Here's a reminder of what the Yanks do to their prisoners -

http://www.antiwar.com/news/?articleid=8560

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A bit like the chaps being held without charge, in cages, made to wear gags, blindfolds, chains and orange jump suits in Guantanamo Bay?
Yes, a bit like that.

But I suppose that's OK because they're Muslims eh?
That may be your opinion, but it's not mine.
We reap what we sow I'm afraid.
We? I don't know what you get up to, but I haven't caused harm to anyone.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yes, a bit like that.

That may be your opinion, but it's not mine.
We? I don't know what you get up to, but I haven't caused harm to anyone.

We all have our own opinions granted. But, I hope you not insinuating that I'm anti Islamic, If you knew me you would know just how offensive that is to me.

Splitting hairs fella, I shall rephrase - Our political masters reap what they sow - That better?

I also see you failed to give your opinion on Abu Ghraib and extraordinary rendition?

And another point. It seems this chap went AWOL because he didn't agree with the conflict, he walked straight into their hands, so no chance of being mistreated in my opinion, more of a propaganda coup for the Taliban, worth more alive and well than dead. Good on the fella and I wish him well. :clap2:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But, I hope you not insinuating that I'm anti Islamic, If you knew me you would know just how offensive that is to me.
You seemed to be insinuating that of me.
Splitting hairs fella, I shall rephrase - Our political masters reap what they sow - That better?
But it's not our political masters that get tortured, it's some poor soldier.

I also see you failed to give your opinion on Abu Ghraib and extraordinary rendition?
I was only giving my opinion on one human, who had been held captive for 5 years, and the suggestion he's done alright.

And another point. It seems this chap went AWOL because he didn't agree with the conflict, he walked straight into their hands, so no chance of being mistreated in my opinion
I hope you're right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports