Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournmouth v Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official Match Thread ****

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Well having read all the negative stuff on here for weeks, I was pleasantly surprised at how we played. We kept the ball pretty well in patches, our strikers had 2 chances which they put away very well, none of the goals conceded came from playing advanced full backs and we restricted 'muff to very few other chances. If we play like that in the week and cut out the silly defensive errors, we will have 2 wins under our belt.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Ah, dear old Charlie Livesey..........I can recall him skying a shot clean over the Nortn stand that Gary Gardner would have been proud of.....

Maybe so, but there was always a buzz in the ground when he got the ball and started charging towards the goal! Or maybe my memories are rose tinted?

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Well having read all the negative stuff on here for weeks, I was pleasantly surprised at how we played. We kept the ball pretty well in patches, our strikers had 2 chances which they put away very well, none of the goals conceded came from playing advanced full backs and we restricted 'muff to very few other chances. If we play like that in the week and cut out the silly defensive errors, we will have 2 wins under our belt.

You could have said this after Forest or Watford but we still look poor and don't win. When will you learn? We must make a change before it gets really nasty and half the season has gone.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
You could have said this after Forest or Watford but we still look poor and don't win. When will you learn? We must make a change before it gets really nasty and half the season has gone.

A change to what though? None of those goals conceded yesterday were because of tactics, just very poor defending (as opposed to Wednesday when we defended very well) and we have not got any other defenders in the squad, what with Hughes out now with what looked like a nasty injury. My main point though is that we were a hell of a lot better than that made out on here recently.

If a change is required TB will make it in his own time. Until that time I hope that everyone will get behind the team on Tues and Saturday and roar/will them on to victory.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
A change to what though? None of those goals conceded yesterday were because of tactics, just very poor defending (as opposed to Wednesday when we defended very well) and we have not got any other defenders in the squad, what with Hughes out now with what looked like a nasty injury. My main point though is that we were a hell of a lot better than that made out on here recently.

If a change is required TB will make it in his own time. Until that time I hope that everyone will get behind the team on Tues and Saturday and roar/will them on to victory.
Almost every game we have gifted a goal to the opposition, last season this would never of happened because the tactics didnt allow it. When a manager expects an ageing Calderon to play as a wing back we will always concede.

Hypia needs to cut his teeth in league 1 and work his way up as the Championship is way to big a job for him at present, I just pray its not with us.

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
Guys... Probably not much consolation but a few of us thought you were probably one of the best sides to visit DC this season... IMO Charlton only bettered you... Thought you looked lively and definitely won the midfield battle... Having said that, we were the worst I have seen us play in a long time... So many misplaced passes, and I think there was perhaps a bit of misplaced 'over confidence', given both of our runs of late...

Personally, I don't think you'l be hovering around the relegation zone for long, if you keep putting in performances like that... Just need that 'something' to click in front of goal, and you'll be fine...

Someone on this board posted earlier that we are 'not a top class side'... But we are 'very well organised'... SPOT ON... We have totally dominated possession in 90% of the games we have played this season... If I am being honest, I can't see us staying in the top 6, but would expect to see us in the top 10 come May... We are where we are because we have accumulated enough points this season to put us there, so for one of your guys to say we should be in the third tier, 'where we belong', is just stupid...

We're not a big footballing town so will never get higher than late teens / early 20k, if we ever got to a higher standard... The ground is going to be extended by the look of it...

Who cares at the end of the day... There is just 1 team between us and the Premier league sides and for the moment, we're enjoying our best footballing period in many a year...

Good luck for the rest of the season and would be good to see you up in the top 6 as I do believe that is where you probably should be...

PS. It was def a penalty... Absolutely no question... :)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I wouldn't dare speak on behalf of you. But I do read a lot of posts on here and that is the impression one gets.
Perhaps you should do the same rather than sniping?
But there are what 300 fans who regularly post on here compared to 24000 just at the Amex. Hardly confirmation that he had lost the fans.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
But there are what 300 fans who regularly post on here compared to 24000 just at the Amex. Hardly confirmation that he had lost the fans.

But the fans that post on here and the fans that post on the Argus are the ones expressing an opinion as opposed to the 23700 who don't according to your figures.

(Although according to recent posts it's more like 19-20K at the ground including away fans) Perhaps you should organise a survey at the Wigan match and get a more accurate view of all the fans view

So I will accept: According to the 300 or so regular posters on NSC it would seem that the majority do not back Sami. (OK now?) Can we leave it there?

poll nsc.JPG

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
But the fans that post on here and the fans that post on the Argus are the ones expressing an opinion as opposed to the 23700 who don't according to your figures.

(Although according to recent posts it's more like 19-20K at the ground including away fans) Perhaps you should organise a survey at the Wigan match and get a more accurate view of all the fans view

So I will accept: According to the 300 or so regular posters on NSC it would seem that the majority do not back Sami. (OK now?) Can we leave it there?

View attachment 59859

You're stating this based on a couple of games...The boro 26k previous looked spot on.
Anyway can see wigan being a really low turnout with about 200 away fans aswell...If a club is doing shite the fans disappear and it's the same for most clubs.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Guys... Probably not much consolation but a few of us thought you were probably one of the best sides to visit DC this season... IMO Charlton only bettered you... Thought you looked lively and definitely won the midfield battle... Having said that, we were the worst I have seen us play in a long time... So many misplaced passes, and I think there was perhaps a bit of misplaced 'over confidence', given both of our runs of late...

Personally, I don't think you'l be hovering around the relegation zone for long, if you keep putting in performances like that... Just need that 'something' to click in front of goal, and you'll be fine...

Someone on this board posted earlier that we are 'not a top class side'... But we are 'very well organised'... SPOT ON... We have totally dominated possession in 90% of the games we have played this season... If I am being honest, I can't see us staying in the top 6, but would expect to see us in the top 10 come May... We are where we are because we have accumulated enough points this season to put us there, so for one of your guys to say we should be in the third tier, 'where we belong', is just stupid...

We're not a big footballing town so will never get higher than late teens / early 20k, if we ever got to a higher standard... The ground is going to be extended by the look of it...

Who cares at the end of the day... There is just 1 team between us and the Premier league sides and for the moment, we're enjoying our best footballing period in many a year...

Good luck for the rest of the season and would be good to see you up in the top 6 as I do believe that is where you probably should be...

PS. It was def a penalty... Absolutely no question... :)
Yes I read that comment saying Bournemouth have no right to be where they are. It made me cringe. I've lived in a few places and OK I'm prejudiced but think Brighton peeps are tops, so I'm not sure where some of these posters are coming from [to put it politely] Luckily I've never met them unless they morph into something else behind the keyboard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here