Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bournemouth v real madrid

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Regardless of morals I would pay 60 quid for Brighton to play real or barca any day of the week....

Jealous

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Regardless of morals I would pay 60 quid for Brighton to play real or barca any day of the week....

Jealous

This. I'd love to go see them in Spain, why not combine the Albion and them as well? £60 is cheaper than flight, hotel, ticket etc. to get over there.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I'd never pay £60 to watch the Albion unless it was a major final. But if the Bournemouth fans want to do that, it's up to them.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Maybe we'll get Barca next Summer if Oscar is still here.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Bournemouth are playing Real Madrid. Not exactly something that happens every year, is it? Regardless of whether it is a competitive game or not, the chance for Bournemouth fans to watch arguably the biggest club in European football come and play at their ground and be able to see players like Cristiano Ronaldo play live is a big deal for them. Yes, Bournemouth fans are being fleeced by the admission prices, but it's a story to tell their children/grandchildren about, the day that Madrid played at Dean Court. The gate receipts and other revenues Bournemouth make out of that match could be very helpful to them over the coming season.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Obviously playing a team of that caliber is pretty amazing but you have to say, for me if i paid 60 odd quid to go see Albion against Real Madrid and I saw us get utterly annihilated 6-0, walking out the stadium would I feel like it was worth it? Probably not, might even kill morale within the squad. Its an interesting question as to whether it'd actually be a good thing or not.

Bournemouth are playing Real Madrid. Not exactly something that happens every year, is it? Regardless of whether it is a competitive game or not, the chance for Bournemouth fans to watch arguably the biggest club in European football come and play at their ground and be able to see players like Cristiano Ronaldo play live is a big deal for them. Yes, Bournemouth fans are being fleeced to by the admission prices, but it's a story to their children/grandchildren about, the day that Madrid played at Dean Court. The gate receipts and other revenues Bournemouth make out of that match could be very helpful to them over the coming season.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that to get RM there they had to give them a HUGE portion of the gate receipt, cant find the article mind and not sure on its validity.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that to get RM there they had to give them a HUGE portion of the gate receipt, cant find the article mind and not sure on its validity.

The Bournemouth chairman recently said that if all tickets were sold Bournemouth would make a small profit. So, yes, Real Madrid cost a lot of dosh!

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Bournemouth are playing Real Madrid. Not exactly something that happens every year, is it? Regardless of whether it is a competitive game or not, the chance for Bournemouth fans to watch arguably the biggest club in European football come and play at their ground and be able to see players like Cristiano Ronaldo play live is a big deal for them. Yes, Bournemouth fans are being fleeced by the admission prices, but it's a story to tell their children/grandchildren about, the day that Madrid played at Dean Court. The gate receipts and other revenues Bournemouth make out of that match could be very helpful to them over the coming season.

This. My kids would be dragging me to The Amex for a change if RM were playing there. And probably the Missus too with all that Spanish eye candy on display!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here