Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bournemouth v Brighton player ratings

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I elected to have lunch with a couple of friends so didn’t watch the game. Who‘s prepared to enlighten me?

oysters, scotch egg, prawn cocktail, sirloin of shorthorn beef, Stilton and cheddar with a glass of white wine, a bottle of rosé and a Pimms to finish in case you were wondering.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Can't be bothered, just like a majority of the players and the manager.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Rhetorical or not I’ll oblige….

Car tyre blew in Storrington, so I’ve already had a shit day and it got worse….

6 - average

Bart - 5 - looked shaky throughout
Offiah - 4 - defensively weak. Offensively a real threat, just took too long to make the right angle at times
Barco - 6 - poor first half, much better second half
Dunk - 6
Igor - 3 - poorest I’ve seen him. (2/5 first half, 1/5 second half)
Gilmour - 7 - probed throughout
Gross - 6
Buononotte - 6 - started well and did ok, maybe I’m being harsh
Adingra - 4 - poor
Pedro - 6
O’Mahoney - 4 - struggled

Welbeck - 5
Enciso - 6 - should be starting
Webbo - N/A
Veltman - N/A

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I elected to have lunch with a couple of friends so didn’t watch the game. Who‘s prepared to enlighten me?

oysters, scotch egg, prawn cocktail, sirloin of shorthorn beef, Stilton and cheddar with a glass of white wine, a bottle of rosé and a Pimms to finish in case you were wondering.
Couldn’t give a toss…… or about the players’ scores 😉

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

And what did your friends have?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove

6 - average

Offiah - 4 - defensively weak. Offensively a real threat, just took too long to make the right angle at times
Dunk - 6
Gross - 6
Adingra - 4 - poor
Pedro - 6

Welbeck - 5
Webbo - N/A
Veltman - N/A
I make that about right but probably would have put Buononette as a 5

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

6 - average

Dunk - 6
Gross - 6
Adingra - 4 - poor
Pedro - 6

Welbeck - 5
Webbo - N/A
Veltman - N/A

The Radio Sussex team thought Pedro, Bounanotte and Igor had shockers, WA doesn’t rate Igor one bit. With barely veiled anger about Pedro not playing team game.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

The sirloin of short beef is probably quicker than most of the midfield, and the Stilton is a proven goalscorer. Not convinced of a back three of oysters, scotch egg and prawn cocktail though - it needs an added soup.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld

Oysters ehh did you manage to get yer willy wet after stuffing the rest of that lot down your neck😏🤔

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The Radio Sussex team thought Pedro, Bounanotte and Igor had shockers, WA doesn’t rate Igor one bit. With barely veiled anger about Pedro not playing team game.
Bit unfair on Pedro, the second half he was working really well with Gilmour, Barco and Enciso…..

When I first saw Igor, I was really unsure, but to be fair he’s looked ok in the main….
But today, he was a million miles off the pace….

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And what did your friends have?
Unsurprisingly I had the most, three starters resolved my personal challenge of choice. We all had oysters and a scotch egg. All has the beef and others went for the sticky toffee pudding. It was at a nice restaurant which had an English roast dinner pop-up today.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Verbruggen 5 kicking crap, handling wobbly
Igor 5 error prone
Dunk 5 seemed to give up after the first goal
Offiah 6 ok defensively but final ball lacking
Barco 6 some bright moments going forward, suspect he's a wing back or winger really.
Gilmour 7 good first half, faded a bit second as we got overrun
Gross 4 totally anonymous
Buonanotte 4 also anonymous, bar missing a good chance
Adingra 5 no end product at all
Pedro 6 a scored based purely on him trying. He was ok
O'Mahony 5 not really in the game, again at least he tried

Enciso 7 - our best player in the second half by miles, unlucky not to score and apologised for the performance
Welbeck 4 - not sure why he bothered coming on

Other subs didn't really get enough time but special mentions to Veltman for retaliating to a nasty tackle on Barco and nearly killing someone, and Webster for a good block.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The sirloin of short beef is probably quicker than most of the midfield, and the Stilton is a proven goalscorer. Not convinced of a back three of oysters, scotch egg and prawn cocktail though - it needs an added soup.
Is Owen Oysters that bloke we signed from Blackpool?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Verbruggen 5 kicking crap, handling wobbly
Igor 5 error prone
Dunk 5 seemed to give up after the first goal
Offiah 6 ok defensively but final ball lacking
Barco 6 some bright moments going forward, suspect he's a wing back or winger really.
Gilmour 7 good first half, faded a bit second as we got overrun
Gross 4 totally anonymous
Buonanotte 4 also anonymous, bar missing a good chance
Adingra 5 no end product at all
Pedro 6 a scored based purely on him trying. He was ok
O'Mahony 5 not really in the game, again at least he tried

Enciso 7 - our best player in the second half by miles, unlucky not to score and apologised for the performance
Welbeck 4 - not sure why he bothered coming on

Other subs didn't really get enough time but special mentions to Veltman for retaliating to a nasty tackle on Barco and nearly killing someone, and Webster for a good block.
I largely agree with these scores, with the exception of:

Igor / Dunk - to score these equally is simply astonishing to me. Dunk 6, Igor 3 - he was laughably poor.
Gilmour also a 6. Pleased with how fit he looked, though.
Buonanotte, 5.5. Worked hard, and seems harsh to criticise him for a 'missing a good chance', when that chance only came about by him beating three players.

Agree entirely with your comment on Welbeck, and think your score of 4 is quite possibly a bit generous!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I largely agree with these scores, with the exception of:

Igor / Dunk - to score these equally is simply astonishing to me. Dunk 6, Igor 3 - he was laughably poor.
Gilmour also a 6. Pleased with how fit he looked, though.
Buonanotte, 5.5. Worked hard, and seems harsh to criticise him for a 'missing a good chance', when that chance only came about by him beating three players.

Agree entirely with your comment on Welbeck, and think your score of 4 is quite possibly a bit generous!
Dunk saved us from a mauling.

I agree re the facundo chance but I was frustrated at how little he got wide or even showed for the ball when offiah had it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here