Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bournemouth Sell Their Allocation - Tickets Left for Home Fans

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
With bums on seats around 21,678
if that.

just hope we turn up and put in a really good performance and get behind the boys and make the atmosphere as it was for the Leicester game as the atmosphere for that game was the best its been for a long time
The atmosphere on new year's day tends to be dire as everyone is hungover and there are loads of empty seats.

Bournemouth's allocation was 2,000 - same as all other away sides this season
Almost every team has been given 1,200, not 2,000.

It takes ages along the coast? It's dual carriageway most of the way so takes about 90 mins. The only difficult parts are around Chichester and Worthing.
Rotherham to Derby is much closer in fact, less than 40 miles, so not a comparable distance.
90 minutes my arse.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
if that.

The atmosphere on new year's day tends to be dire as everyone is hungover and there are loads of empty seats.

90 minutes my arse.

I make this journey for every home game and my best time so far is 95 minutes after an evening game....and that's really going some! On a Saturday afternoon it's more like 135 minutes!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I make this journey for every home game and my best time so far is 95 minutes after an evening game....and that's really going some! On a Saturday afternoon it's more like 135 minutes!

That's quite impressive. I usually reckon 2 1/2 hours; then they've got the park and ride to deal with. Portsmouth took nearly 2 hours on Friday as the traffic was so bad.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
That's quite impressive. I usually reckon 2 1/2 hours; then they've got the park and ride to deal with. Portsmouth took nearly 2 hours on Friday as the traffic was so bad.

On a average Saturday it's 1 hour from Bournemouth to Chichester, another hour to Coldean Lane and 15 minutes to Mithras House. My 95 minute run relies on decent weather, an empty A27 and a Mini Cooper S!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I drive to Bournemouth quite often for work and it's usually 2hrs give or take from Burgess Hill, as long as I don't hit Chichester at rush hour. I go via Storrington so it avoids the really crap bottlenecks at Arundel and Worthing, if you're going to Brighton that way it's going to take longer on a saturday.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
just hope we turn up and put in a really good performance and get behind the boys and make the atmosphere as it was for the Leicester game as the atmosphere for that game was the best its been for a long time

It's on news years day, there will be too many with hangovers from the night before to want to shout and sing.
So guess it will be a quiet affair.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
if that.

90 minutes my arse.

Other teams would also have had the option of 2,000 tickets if they had sold their initial allocation

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Good that they have sold out their allocation. May boost the atmosphere- I usually find New Year Day matches have a hangover feel about them so maybe this one will be different.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will there now be a late rush for tickets after today's win ?

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
asked a bournemouth fan and got this back on twitter Sorry I took my time! We have sold our allocation of 2000 for Wednesday. It should be a good atmosphere :)

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I love that a two hour drive could be considered a local derby. I live in Warwick and reckon about 2 hrs to leeds. I am sure both cov city and leeds consider that a local derby.

Cardiff is about two hours too. Cardiff vs villa is the local derby everyone is talking about.

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
It's not always a question of geographical proximity - Arsenal and QPR, for example, are just a few miles apart but there's no local rivalry to speak of. Because Brighton and Bournemouth are similar types of town - both big, prestigious South Coast resorts - there's an obvious rivalry that extends way beyond football.

Bit like the Pompey/Plymouth thing. A long way apart, but because of the navy connection, there's a deep-seated and historical rivalry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here