Bournemouth Opera House

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
not been for years but used to go all the time for Slinky nights. Was brilliant. Think It used to be about 3k but I could be wrong.

Driving back was always an adventure as well

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Yeah, capacity about 2000. Used to be one of my favourite clubs, Slinky on a friday night was the nuts. They sold it off before christmas and the new owners want to go down the bands/commercial route. Given the location I can't see that paying the bills, so hopefully there will be some decent one off dance nights , a bit like what happened at Camden Palace.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Billy the Fish said:
Yeah, capacity about 2000. Used to be one of my favourite clubs, Slinky on a friday night was the nuts. They sold it off before christmas and the new owners want to go down the bands/commercial route. Given the location I can't see that paying the bills, so hopefully there will be some decent one off dance nights , a bit like what happened at Camden Palace.

was a bit out on a limb wasnt it. can still remember after finally getting us out the place , everyone milling about + buzzing...then usually off to a party somewhere. ...... quality , quality nights up there

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
dwayne said:
used to be good

now abysmal - no one goes there hence why it closed
Not really true is it. Slinky on Friday nights was still going strong, I went there a couple of times before they announced it was closing and it was packed. I don't know about saturday night because I never went but there were always big house DJs playing. It closed because the people who bought it are a big hotel chain, I can't remember which one, and want to apply their own brand to the club, they already had an idea of the direction they wanted to take it in regardless of what was currently going on there.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
great club of old,but thats the prob with bournemouth,great clubs but shite pubs

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
5th ave and academy in my clubbing days were the biz,the pubs have always been shite

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports