Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth looked lively

Harvey

Jul 8, 2003
Over there.
Watched that southern eye thing tonight, saw Bournemouth in a totally new light! Never knew it was so lively in the evenings, or is it still the dump that i can recall it as?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
errr its not a dump its an incredible night out up there with Brighton, and I hate to say but I think that during the summer the beach is better than Brightons and probably the best in the country and I'm a sussex man through and through.

Was that programme presented by Chris Packham?? If it was I may have been on it in a drunkard state.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
how about beautiful scenery (sandbanks, the 3rd most expensive place to live in the world) fit birds, loads of places to work, great bars.

The things that let Bournemouth down are the fact that there are only 2 decent clubs, the shops are rubbish and primarily the people that live there are the most insular, middle class, up their own arse twats about.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Beach is crap, all that sand. Gets everywhere. You can't sit on it and have a few beers without getting sand in your pint. Pebbles evertime. Brighton's beach has much better ammenities. Dwayne are you gonna sit down their beach in the middle of October?
Nice place but pubs are too far apart and not enough Clubs. They try down there to make it the Dreamtown of the south(or whatever it was called on meridian), but they try too hard. Brighton doesn't have to try, it is just Cool.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Captain Sensible said:
Beach is crap, all that sand. Gets everywhere. You can't sit on it and have a few beers without getting sand in your pint. Pebbles evertime. Brighton's beach has much better ammenities. Dwayne are you gonna sit down their beach in the middle of October?
Nice place but pubs are too far apart and not enough Clubs. They try down there to make it the Dreamtown of the south(or whatever it was called on meridian), but they try too hard. Brighton doesn't have to try, it is just Cool.

sorry it's gotta be sand for me. Pubs too far apart...nonce-sense!!!!, there's about twenty in a square mile in the town centre.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Dwayne, I'm used to walking next door into the next pub not walking 3 streets away. Far too much Drinking time wasted. Also we have too many theme pubs here but they are saturated with them.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
mate having lived in Bournemouth for a year and Worthing (going out in Brighton a lot) for 18 years I think I know what I'm talking about!!

There are no more themed pubs in Bmuff tha there is in Brighton and there are as many pubs per square metre or whatever measurement u wanna use in Bmuff town centre as there is in Brighton, I think we are gonna have to agree to disagree on this one!!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
OK. used to go out with a Bird from Muff for 2 years. Haven't been out down there for 4 years but it can't be too different. Not slagging it as a place, think its alright. Was always a bit let down by the night life. But then that might just be me. I don't think they have enough variety pub and club wise for a town of its size.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Captain Sensible said:
OK. used to go out with a Bird from Muff for 2 years. Haven't been out down there for 4 years but it can't be too different. Not slagging it as a place, think its alright. Was always a bit let down by the night life. But then that might just be me. I don't think they have enough variety pub and club wise for a town of its size.

no variety club wise I would agree with

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Looking forweard to a good piss up in Bournemouth. Haven't been out down there for ages but am well looking forward to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here