Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'll take two.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Aren't they owned by a Russian ?, or am I wrong

You're not wrong. Maxim Denin, a Russian, but with UK citizenship. He paid around £850k for his share in the club about 10 years ago, so stands to make a pretty penny when he flogs it to the highest bidder.

I know they're tinpot, but £150m still seems buttons for a PL club, even a bobbins outfit like them.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This is bad, people. Yet another club being taken away from the millionaires by the billionaires. Then the countries will take them from the billionaires. And it becomes harder and harder for clubs like ours to compete.

Of course we can hope that this turns into a repeat of the Burnley situation, but sooner or later the money will make the difference. I worry that TB can't outsmart them indefinitely.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is bad, people. Yet another club being taken away from the millionaires by the billionaires. Then the countries will take them from the billionaires. And it becomes harder and harder for clubs like ours to compete.

Of course we can hope that this turns into a repeat of the Burnley situation, but sooner or later the money will make the difference. I worry that TB can't outsmart them indefinitely.

I’m more concerned about the accelerating US incursion into the PL than countries tbh. You know how Americans like to trump each other :wink:

Won’t be long before more than 50% of PL clubs will have US influence….then come the law changes - four quarters etc :nono:

Bournemouth, like Reading, will always be tinpot in my eyes though.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I’m more concerned about the accelerating US incursion into the PL than countries tbh. You know how Americans like to trump each other :wink:

Won’t be long before more than 50% of PL clubs will have US influence….then come the law changes - four quarters etc :nono:

Bournemouth, like Reading, will always be tinpot in my eyes though.

I think abolishing relegation will be their first move.

According to the media this will be the 10th PL club with US owners or investment. I think you need 14 votes at the PL meetings to force through changes.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think abolishing relegation will be their first move.

According to the media this will be the 10th PL club with US owners or investment. I think you need 14 votes at the PL meetings to force through changes.

Time for some foreign ownership rules in the EPL methinks.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
not good news. Just hope not on way to having majority owners of PL clubs. If so on way to no relegation and super league back on agenda

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
US investment has not been very good for Burnley or Swansea. In fact, I would say that that was when their troubles started. Villa had US investment as well didn’t they, Randy Lerner?
Massive Indian investment into Blackburn has been just as disastrous for the club.
Maybe it’s not all about the money.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Are we sure we're not owned by a billionaire already?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The end of relegation would devalue the product completely and mean supporters shifting down the pyramid to watch competitive football. I can see a player draft and salary caps though as these would preserve profits for owners. You could argue the two will go hand in hand like in American sports and it will be all over for English football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here