[Albion] Bournemouth fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I thought Bmuff and Stains hate each other.
No, the Bournemouth fans don’t like Southampton and try to make up a rivalry with them but Bournemouth are totally irrelevant to Southampton fans. It’s quite funny when they play each other and the Bournemouth fans try to stoke it up whilst the scummers genuinely couldn’t give a shit. Bournemouth are generally just an irrelevance.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Funny little side, I'd be jealous too. Hope this game isn't too soon for us, more injuries than we'd all have liked and expected at this early stage.
If we're at it and don't give them a few goals then it should be easier than last night, hopefully.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No, the Bournemouth fans don’t like Southampton and try to make up a rivalry with them but Bournemouth are totally irrelevant to Southampton fans. It’s quite funny when they play each other and the Bournemouth fans try to stoke it up whilst the scummers genuinely couldn’t give a shit. Bournemouth are generally just an irrelevance.

That was what I meant to say. When in the same division Bmuff supporters can’t stand Stains. Brighton aren’t THE obsession of Bmuff’s fanbase.

I do think it’s funny their long term obsession that we’re arrogant, Reading supporters say the same. I don’t take it as an insult and think it is actually true. In that we always thought we were a sleeping giant with a huge fanbase, bigger and better that all other SE/South clubs. And so it came to be.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
To be honest, I find them a complete non-event….

Offer little, quietest support both home and away, just a nothing club, that I genuinely can’t be bothered to waste an emotion on.

That said, the surrounding area to The Vitality is nice enough.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
This won't come as much of a surprise but a fair number of them really don't like us:

And that's fine, because I don't like them. Annoying little tin pot twat of a club in their crap shoebox ground getting more coverage than us in the old days sometimes despite being a division or two below us.

I see we play them again 35th game. Wouldn't it lovely to relegate them?
100% agree. Absolutely tinpot club who I'd get annoyed at losing to more than Palace.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Maybe they should try to have a rivalry against Reading, mind you Reading already have Oxford.
not sure what we have done to make them so cross. Bit odd.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
This won't come as much of a surprise but a fair number of them really don't like us:

And that's fine, because I don't like them. Annoying little tin pot twat of a club in their crap shoebox ground getting more coverage than us in the old days sometimes despite being a division or two below us.

I see we play them again 35th game. Wouldn't it lovely to relegate them don’t seem to bad.

I see we play them again 35th game. Wouldn't it lovely to relegate them?
Doesn’t seem to bad, seen a lot worse

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I live in Bournemouth and have done for about 8 years. Great place to live but generally it's a town that cares little for football and outside of Boscombe most have very little interest in the team beyond a sense of local pride in their recent moment in the sun.

There does seem to be a general dislike of us but it feels more like an inferiority complex or desire to find a rival from anywhere they can.

It's just not a football town and if you ask a local who they support more often you're met with a shrug or "I follow Bournemouth's results"

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I live in Bournemouth and have done for about 8 years. Great place to live but generally it's a town that cares little for football and outside of Boscombe most have very little interest in the team beyond a sense of local pride in their recent moment in the sun.

There does seem to be a general dislike of us but it feels more like an inferiority complex or desire to find a rival from anywhere they can.

It's just not a football town and if you ask a local who they support more often you're met with a shrug or "I follow Bournemouth's results"

Any Southampton supporters? Before Bmuff cheated their way to the PL, I thought of Ringwood and Bmuff as part of Southampton’s catchment area.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Any Southampton supporters? Before Bmuff cheated their way to the PL, I thought of Ringwood and Bmuff as part of Southampton’s catchment area.

Yeah a fair few saints fans here, particularly fsns in their 30'/40's it feels very close and only half an hour on the train.

I know some great people who follow Bournemouth and part of me feels they could build on their recent success but its just not a football town where the club is part of the culture of the area IMO.

Strangley rugby seems to be more popular as a participant sport for school kids, perhaps because it still adopts the grammar school system despite having plenty of working class areas.

I just dont think Dorset cares much for football like Sussex does. Outside of bournemouth its only really Dorchester, wimborne and poole Town with clubs and they all massively under achieve. Poole, the most successful of the three has a population of a 150k yet has spent most of their history below the 7th tier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports