Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth bid £20million for Demarai Gray

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Defoe is no doubt our highest earner and I would speculate at about £60k per week... with the rest earning anything from £5k per week to £40k per week...

That is wild speculation.

I've heard Defoe is on almost double that (quite believable in this market), and if our top players are on 40k ish (Murray and probably Stephens), I would imagine most of your squad start on that.

It's not a criticism - I would love us to push the boat out and go for it, but somehow, I can't see it.

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
You keep on saying that Defoe is not on £120k a week, and the figure is more like £60k, and then you say he'll be earning £6m a year which by my maths equates to £120k per week.

So is it that Bournemouth have got more money than sense; can't do maths; both; or something else?

None of the above... It's more that we don't claim to be the gospel on everything about everything financial on every player at every club... I can't find the exact article/info, but Defoe was a free transfer, however, I understand we paid a sizeable signing on fee for him... He was beleived, and reported to be on £60/£65k a week and over 3 years would add up to circa £18m

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...oe-agrees-to-join-bournemouth-from-sunderland

No rocket science, bad or dark maths involved... Just £18m divided by 3 and the widely reported £60/£65k a week, and the knowledge of a signing on fee...

This might all be complete guff, I don't know... But I do know he is NOT on £100k per week... Not at Bournemouth... especially when he was only (allegedly) on £70k a week at Sunderland

It amazes me how 'in the know' this board seem to be about everyone in football's wages...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here