Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not sure what the problem is , Quote from various news and social media outlets

"I don't even know anyone that's had it "

"Well everyone else is doing it "

" If someone with it is here I'll move away a bit "

" It's ok now cos Boris said so on the telly "

" My mate had it but he didn't die so it's one of them things innit "

My personal favourite quote from yesterday .

" We've not been to the beach for 5 months , we don't really like sandy beaches but it's safer than pebbles "

I mean wtf :lolol::lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Might need something that extreme. I mean Brighton went to all that effort of replacing the sand with uncomfortable stones and STILL they come.

The temperature will be dropping rapidly as sea fret is now coming in. Hopefully that will clear the beaches.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Photos like that tell you nothing. A huge distance foreshortened using a high quality lens. Papers could easily get an overhead drone shot, but they don’t because they’d rather create controversy than communicate what is objectively occurring.

So your question isn’t why would anyone want to be on this beach, it’s why use a useless photo of this beach?

Drone shots snapped from the video on this page: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53190209

Bournemouth

Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 13.21.58.png

Brighton

Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 13.22.33.png

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Drone shots snapped from the video on this page: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53190209

Bournemouth

View attachment 125368

Brighton

View attachment 125369

Brighton looks very spread out, even Bournemouth while busier still looks 2m between most groups. Brighton seem to have a good system of closing access to certain points of the beach to spread people out, were authorities in Bournemouth just completely caught out by a heatwave forecast over a week ago at the same time restrictions were being relaxed?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Well,a quick look at a webcam shows dark clouds over Bournemouth have ensured peace and normality has returned today.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brighton looks very spread out, even Bournemouth while busier still looks 2m between most groups.

Sorry, I wasn't posting the two photos to suggest Bournemouth was chocker (relative to Brighton), more that I agree with your view that these low-angle shots that we have got used to seeing are clearly very much taken with the intent of prompting a "OMG - WTF are those people doing ??!!111?!?" reaction.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sorry, I wasn't posting the two photos to suggest Bournemouth was chocker (relative to Brighton), more that I agree with your view that these low-angle shots that we have got used to seeing are clearly very much taken with the intent of prompting a "OMG - WTF are those people doing ??!!111?!?" reaction.

Hasn't stopped Sharon off facebook - who knows someone who is a nurse and who clapped every Thursday night - from having a COMPLETE MELTDOWN:shrug:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Sorry, I got that I was just surmising why Bournemouth announced a ‘major incident’ alert, whereas Brighton appeared to be less congested. There are course many factors like access routes, parking, trains etc. I agree, neither from above looks quite as bad as the rage inducing long lens foreshortened shots.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I wonder what the health workers trussed up in PPE all day in the heat of the last few days thought of Furlough by the Sea with some no doubt earning more on Furlough payments than the nurses?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here