Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bournemouth Away?

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
It went live bang on 09:00, clicked to buy, find a RV ticket but wouldn't allow me to buy it.
Looked like there was only about a dozen tickets available at 09:00.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Can someone PM how that works...get on before sale time, constant refresh and as soon as green BUY appears I press and see Block available but nothing free?

Any hints?

Cheers.

Pretty much the same experience for me. I suppose that with a thousand people all doing the same thing for 50 tickets it just needs their system to have been 1 second faster than ours and they are all gone.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I think some folk go in early, add loads to the basket with a view of allocating post 9am to the relevant and qualifying fan numbers.

Is one able to do that?

Yes think so if you're logged into lead account who has the higher points.

Pleased to get a B'muff yesterday and 2 Fulham today.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I think some folk go in early, add loads to the basket with a view of allocating post 9am to the relevant and qualifying fan numbers.

Is one able to do that?

Oh. You mean that tier 1 folks are able to get in early and snag the seats for their tier 2 mates ? Really crappy if the system allows that to happen.....

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Grates that someone with 225 can pip a 270 point holder without having to participate in a binfest. Life seems to be about who you know.

I fully empathise as in same situation this morning. Cheers.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Oh. You mean that tier 1 folks are able to get in early and snag the seats for their tier 2 mates ? Really crappy if the system allows that to happen.....

I had enough points for yesterday but my son didn't. I went in early on my account and added 2 to my basket. Once it gets to 9am it then allows you to checkout.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I had enough points for yesterday but my son didn't. I went in early on my account and added 2 to my basket. Once it gets to 9am it then allows you to checkout.

I would prefer that you and your son got to go together than me but still sucks when I was only 2 points shy of tier one myself.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Thinking about the size of the tiers in the sale of both Bournemouth and Fulham tickets it struck me that although the first tier was set correctly that surely the second tier was far too big .I am sure the club want to be seen to give more fans the chance to buy away tickets but when it is patently obvious with these smaller allocations and popular venues that the vast majority of seats will sell to the first tier why not make the second tier a lot less people so as to reduce disappointment and frustration .
Also why award any loyalty points at all for these games ? I know both were only 5 points but as they virtually sold out to the top tier anyway , who i am quite sure would have bought tickets in any case , they are going to get further away from other fans and strengthen the case of those who think it is a closed shop . Either that or increase the points for unattractive venues as they are supposed to be both an incentive as well as a reward . What say you ?

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
In my opinion 15 points is plenty for less popular grounds, it gets you up a whole tier at the moment almost and there are plenty of games for people with less points to go to

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Thinking about the size of the tiers in the sale of both Bournemouth and Fulham tickets it struck me that although the first tier was set correctly that surely the second tier was far too big .I am sure the club want to be seen to give more fans the chance to buy away tickets but when it is patently obvious with these smaller allocations and popular venues that the vast majority of seats will sell to the first tier why not make the second tier a lot less people so as to reduce disappointment and frustration .
Also why award any loyalty points at all for these games ? I know both were only 5 points but as they virtually sold out to the top tier anyway , who i am quite sure would have bought tickets in any case , they are going to get further away from other fans and strengthen the case of those who think it is a closed shop . Either that or increase the points for unattractive venues as they are supposed to be both an incentive as well as a reward . What say you ?

Smaller second tier justfor games like these is a good idea i think. As for getting into the top tier it isnt that hard especially at the moment if a season ticket holder. I dropped a lot of points during covid as i didnt go to a single game. Last season i didnt go to a lot of games I usually would. I started back in tier 3 last year and at the beginning of this season just 2 points shy of being in the top 1200.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

If you reduce the size of the second tier, don't you also need to reduce other tiers? Also, the top tier is set to equate to those that have the relevant loyalty points. The club don't know how many of those tickets will be sold just to top tier so how can they judge the size of the second tier. Also if you start make tiers smaller then you are extending the restricted buying times!!

Fulham is always going to be popular but there will be plenty of games that go all the way down to season ticket holders. If you want to increase your chances then you need to go to those games, eg Everton or Newcastle (surely you know that for those games the awarded points will be higher as well).

The loyalty points scheme isn't perfect but no scheme will be and of the schemes out there it seems to be the best. Those in the top tier remain happy and those below have to take their chances when they can.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
If you reduce the size of the second tier, don't you also need to reduce other tiers? Also, the top tier is set to equate to those that have the relevant loyalty points. The club don't know how many of those tickets will be sold just to top tier so how can they judge the size of the second tier. Also if you start make tiers smaller then you are extending the restricted buying times!!

Fulham is always going to be popular but there will be plenty of games that go all the way down to season ticket holders. If you want to increase your chances then you need to go to those games, eg Everton or Newcastle (surely you know that for those games the awarded points will be higher as well).

The loyalty points scheme isn't perfect but no scheme will be and of the schemes out there it seems to be the best. Those in the top tier remain happy and those below have to take their chances when they can.

Think you have not quite got the point i was trying to make , i was specifically talking about these two matches . To give rough figures for relevance after day one Bournemouth about 1250 tickets with about 50 left for day 2 and Fulham about 2000 tickets with about 250 left for day two . i would have thought it was fairly obvious that that was going to be the case so what was the point of making the second tier so big . As further evidence i would point out that Fulham sold out in a couple of minutes and Bournemouth even before the second tier opened !
I am not being critical of the loyalty system as a whole and fully agree that visiting the less popular games and locations is the best way to move up the ladder . I just feel that the club should have been well aware of the rate at which these games would sell and that to make the starting point of the second tier the same as Manu for instance was a bit daft .

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Think you have not quite got the point i was trying to make , i was specifically talking about these two matches . To give rough figures for relevance after day one Bournemouth about 1250 tickets with about 50 left for day 2 and Fulham about 2000 tickets with about 250 left for day two . i would have thought it was fairly obvious that that was going to be the case so what was the point of making the second tier so big . As further evidence i would point out that Fulham sold out in a couple of minutes and Bournemouth even before the second tier opened !
I am not being critical of the loyalty system as a whole and fully agree that visiting the less popular games and locations is the best way to move up the ladder . I just feel that the club should have been well aware of the rate at which these games would sell and that to make the starting point of the second tier the same as Manu for instance was a bit daft .

Why is it fairly obvious that the sales for these two games would be as they were. Take Bournemouth, with hindsight, how big should the second tier be if only 50 tickets are available?

I also don't think you can take these two games in isolation. The system has to apply to all games. With Fulham, it's a midweek game so the club may have anticipated these not selling as quickly.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Wasn’t the allocation for Man U and Fulham about the same ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here