Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bouncebackability - Albion lead the PL

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Having avoided it yesterday and with Man City losing.
Albion now have the longest spell in the Premier League of any team of avoiding 2 defeats in a row - a year.
The last time it happened was - almost exactly a year ago - when we lost to Spurs at home (0-1) and Brentford away (0-2) in that difficult early RDZ period.

Here's what the stats looked like before the weekend

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Incredible stat. City go to top of recent list with "Oct 2023" - leaves us with the best record and a lot of clear blue and white water to Palace in second...

Counting in games played since double defeat it looks like ten teams are in single figures, another nine teams between about 10 and 20 games, and then you have us with our run under RDZ extending to 35 games?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
It is one of the most remarkable turnarounds under RDZ. For all of Potter's good points, the long runs of consecutive losses under him were incredibly painful. Worth remembering the 6 losses in a row in 21/22 and how far we've come from there.

Wonderful stuff.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Does anyone know the stat for us turning a half-time deficit into a draw or win under RDZ? I'm sure that earlier in the season I heard a commentator say that we had never won a game after being behind at HT under RDZ.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Look at Palace in that stat. They are having a half decent season I think.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Does anyone know the stat for us turning a half-time deficit into a draw or win under RDZ? I'm sure that earlier in the season I heard a commentator say that we had never won a game after being behind at HT under RDZ.

The closest have been Bournemouth (H) last week which was only just 1-1 at 45 minutes after being 0-1. And Wolves last season - we made it 2-2 with a Mitoma goal on 44 so won 3-2 but nearly went in at 2-1.
But i think this is the first time we've turned a HT deficit into a draw in the PL. Of course it was the 2nd time in a week for RDZ.

But we rarely go behind at HT tbf.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Recently (during the Marseille game?) I heard that we have one of the (if not the) best record for scoring second half goals.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Recently (during the Marseille game?) I heard that we have one of the (if not the) best record for scoring second half goals.
we are indeed the top scorers in the PL this season for scoring 2nd half goals. (15) versus (6) in the first half.

this site has all manner of these stats btw - tables based on
XG, Both Teams Scored and so on (presumably a magnet for niche betters)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here