Bought something from amazon on wednesday evening....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
and selected the express delivery which supposedly takes 1 working day. I was given a guaranteed 1PM delivery time for today (friday) and the package did not turn up. Is there a way I can claim the extra money I spent on the quick shipping, which was about 8 quid?

Cheers

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Get back in touch with Amazon customer services - I'd be amazed if they didn't refund the money.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
There seems to be a light fingered person at the Hove post office depot because, using Amazon Tracking I can see that two of my orders zipped down from the north of England to the Midlands, arriving in the Hove depot and being scanned there on 1st December 2011 never to be heard of again. Amazon have now agreed to send replacements for the items in each order first class.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't know but Hove might be struggling.
CM, It's been a hectic week, and packets might 'appear' when the dust settles.

Mr Snuggles, yours being a Special delivery means you are entitled to a descent wodge of compo from us too, take it up with the office asap. Speak to a manager not the first person you see, take his name etc.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
I ordered some books from Waterstones a fortnight ago, didnt arrive, so I complained to the customer services and lo and behold, they arrived next day - makes you wonder whether they actually ship out stuff only when people complain

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It's good time of the year to sign up for the Amazon Prime trial - free for a month. Just remember to cancel...

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Thanks for the replies, I shall get in contact with amazon and have a word.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I ordered a print toner a while back. I ordered it on a tuesday morning, on the tuesday afternoon I received an email telling me it ha been posted, and should be with me in 1-3 days, however, royal mail advise that first class can take 5-15 days to be delivered, and so to wait 15 working days before contacting them regarding missing deliveries. Two and a half weeks later it showed up and contained an apology for the delay with a free pack of batteries included. How could they know it was delayed if they posted it the same day I ordered and I hadn't complained yet? I suspect they lied about posting it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports