Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bottom five 1997-98

Division 3, 1997-98
Div 3 97-98.jpg

15 seasons later...

Championship, 2012-13
Champ 12-13.jpg

Just thought this was quite interesting & considering where Swansea are now, Doncaster however...

That is all.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Division 3, 1997-98
View attachment 39899

15 seasons later...

Championship, 2012-13
View attachment 39900

Just thought this was quite interesting & considering where Swansea are now, Doncaster however...

That is all.

Doncaster have done alright though? Dropped into non league after that season (thank God it was them and not us), but have since got a new stadium and fought their way back up, reaching the Championship at one stage. So they've suffered a setback recently, but they're in a far better place now than they were then.

Perhaps this is hope for the likes of Plymouth.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Supporting Hull away from home must have been fun .... losing 20 out of the 23 away games

Hull must be contenders for the club that has climbed from the lowest league position to highest (I recall them peaking somewhere in the top half of the table during their Premiership run).

Who else has had such changes in league position, I guess Swansea could well out do them...until we win the Prem of course.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Look at the top 6 in Division 3 that season....

Notts County
Macclesfield Town
Lincoln City
Colchester United
Torquay
Scarborough

Amazing!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Doncaster have done alright though? Dropped into non league after that season (thank God it was them and not us), but have since got a new stadium and fought their way back up, reaching the Championship at one stage. So they've suffered a setback recently, but they're in a far better place now than they were then.

Perhaps this is hope for the likes of Plymouth.

Well...

Look at Luton, Cambridge, Grimsby, Stockport, Wrexham, Mansfield...etc. There's more clubs that go down and then die a lingering death (hopefully not Wrexham) than there are clubs 'doing a Donny'. Relegation for Plymouth could be terminal.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Hull must be contenders for the club that has climbed from the lowest league position to highest (I recall them peaking somewhere in the top half of the table during their Premiership run).

Who else has had such changes in league position, I guess Swansea could well out do them...until we win the Prem of course.

Wigan? Wimbledon?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The bottom 4 of Division 1 (Championship) that season....

QPR
Man City
Stoke
Reading

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Five new stadiums for those five clubs too.

Coincidence that they have all done well sin e?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here