Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bottletop Gate

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Newbie 2 seats along from me kicked his open water bottle contents under the seat in front. Bloke in front not very happy!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Purchased two pies and two bottles of water. Forgot about the bottle cap ban. Managed to get them back to the seats without spilling. But during the match spilt half a bottle. I’m out, will ask for (free) tap water when needed

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So on the serious side, I have one of those metal water bottles with big screw on top.

Is that banned?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ok...I wonder if the nazi stewards have a list of water receptacles we can bring in?

I posted yesterday a picture of what I take in ...ive not had a problem since I started using it last season...and as it was extra warm yesterday I just popped out quickly to the concourse for some tap water to add to what I had taken

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is there anywhere in the NS that you can fill your water bottle up for free? Isn’t that a legal requirement these days?

Jul 7, 2003
So on the serious side, I have one of those metal water bottles with big screw on top.

Is that banned?

I asked a steward and they are not sure so I asked the question on Ask The Club last week and all Insider did was post the banned items list.

You'd think with all the environmental pressure on reducing single use plastics the club would be supportive of this but it looks like they are more interested in the profits from people buying drinks, spilling them and then replacing them than the environment.

I reckon all it needs is for someone to injure themselves on the steps up to the WSU when slipping on a spilled drink and this nonsense could soon be ended.

Take your own bottle tops in to place on the bottle purchased. Joking apart £1.90 for a lukewarm bottle of H20, albeit it with bu**shi* printed on it explaining how wondrous the water within is :eek:

Water fountains and byo own lidless containers would probably generate far more in goodwill that the cost of providing.

Do we know if the water in the toilets (anticipating smart answers, I mean from the taps) is of drinkable quality? If not I suppose one could bring a camping stove and kettle to boil it prior to consumption :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here