Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Botox why?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Because
What does Botox do to your lips?

images

Botox injections work to enhance the lips through a series of injections made in the muscle just above the upper lip. The toxin will then relax the muscle, causing the lip to roll outward and appear more voluminous and defined. This will also cause lines and wrinkles on and around the lips to diminish.
Botox is a muscle relaxant, so wouldn’t be used as a lip filler

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Have you not wanted to look like you've got two savaloys just millimetres from popping in your mouth?
I live in Walthamstow, but occasionally we slip into Chingford to pop to a supermarket. It's all the rage there, especially amongst women in their early 20s and it properly freaks out my kids.
I think it's a bit like those dicks that go to the gym for 8 hours a day, massive crises of self confidence that makes people feel that's what they need to look good.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I live in Walthamstow,
Coincidentally I drove to Walthamstow yesterday with two Polish lady friends to collect a Romanian lady friend and then drove onward to High Wycombe to the theatre to watch Romeo and Juliet (don'tchaknow).
The Romanian lady friend of mine has had her lips done and when we were driving back to her home she was sitting next to me, she was drunk and "singing" at the top of her voice and her silhouette made her look like a Simpson character.
She once was pretty but not so much now. She's ruined her looks.
I don't understand how she thinks it's made her look better.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Mmm tends to be hyaluronic acid I believe. Botox for frown lines etc

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Does anyone dictate to you what you do with your body? If it makes people feel more confident within themselves let them

Does anyone dictate to you what you can or can’t do with your body? If it makes people feel more confident within themselves let them be.
A very 2023 reply!

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
It's going to be my final NHS treatment option for chronic migraine if the current one doesn't work (not looking good so far) so, although the idea freaks me out, I'll probably give it a go - won't be in my lips, though😬

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Why does anyone think that doubling the size of their lips to look like a duck is a good thing and makes them more attractive?
Seems to be almost an epidemic in the Eastbourne area.
Does anyone dictate to you what you do with your body? If it makes people feel more confident within themselves let them be.
Let them be? How confident would they be in knowing that they open themselves to ridicule when invariably they overdo the fill to the extent that they look duck like.

Last edited:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Don’t be daft it’s an old man thread that disapproves. It’s not your life it’s somebody else’s. The tattoo thread is of similar judgement by some.
But you suggested that dissaproving is 'dictating' how someone lives their life.

Disapproving is disapproving. It doesn't make you part of a moral stasi. You can tell this by a walk down any street.

It's possible to be someone that thinks that there is a better human experience than people desperate to inject chemicals in their face or body without clinical need for cosmetic reasons.

Ive never stopped anyone doing it, and never would. But as the dad of two young daughters i find it extremely depressing.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Don’t be daft it’s an old man thread that disapproves. It’s not your life it’s somebody else’s. The tattoo thread is of similar judgement by some.
That strikes me as inappropriate and ageist.

Heart and Soul

Jul 7, 2023
1000s of shows and commercials each day saying "you're not good enough" and also "but if you do this or buy this, you might be good enough to get love and attention". No such thing as free will, you can make people think or feel anything.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
if you’re referring to me, lighten up.
Truth of the matter is that I think it sad that the ones who do go excessive to chase ‘beauty‘ and or ‘ acceptance’ don’t need to do it at all. No matter what you/they/me looks like everyone is beautiful. Shame that media pressure makes anyone so insecure they have to alter how they are.
There is nothing wrong with a bit of grooming. I burned out my ear hair earlier today - with fire. Number three'd my eyebrows. And dealt with the sack and crack.

Bit of a worry you have mixed up lip implants with botox.

Be careful with that electric toothbrush. Just after you've had a shit. ??? :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You are on fire tonight. :bowdown: :thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Maybe it's white women trying to look like black women? Same with the suntan thing?

Then there's black women trying to look like white women with the hair straightening and bleaching creams.

A whole lot of body dysmorphia going on it seems. Not just women either.

Human beings in general are often follow fashion monkeys too. On all sorts of levels. Probably in our nature as a social species and our basic need for acceptance and approval from others.

Some blame the media.

At the end of the day, you can analyse the shit out of these things, but it won't do you much good or change much. Probably best to just leave everyone to do their own thing I reckon, so long as it's not harming anyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here