Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bos-Herze v Ireland

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Well I have an Irish Mother (sadly no longer with us), two siblings born in Ireland and many many Irish Cousins.

Come on Bosnia H.

Likewise, mostly Irish 'heritage' the patronising Irish love in does my head in, as it does many of them. So, cut me and I bleed whatever colour B&H play in.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
As ever, my pocket will dictate my allegiance.

Given that ROI lost away to the Scotch, Have no Walters or O'Shea and are against an in form Bosnia team, I've backed Bosnia to win (was evens, think they've gone odds on). Dzecko (sp) also has a great scoring record and is worth a small dabble at first goal scorer. ROI have a habit of getting beat in these matches and today will be no exception.

Yep, on Dzeko FGS @ 9/2

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
No, it would have all the pretty pink fairy types scurrying for a cheeky celebratory w**k the minute it was announced, but what will actually happen is that it would all pass off incredibly peacefully with both sides enjoying drinking side by side and proudly announcing dat we oyrish lov da craic to be sure.

Yes, that's DEFINITELY what would happen :)

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
No, it would have all the pretty pink fairy types scurrying for a cheeky celebratory w**k the minute it was announced, but what will actually happen is that it would all pass off incredibly peacefully with both sides enjoying drinking side by side and proudly announcing dat we oyrish lov da craic to be sure.
it wouldnt mate.

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
It would. That's what happened last time it was played.
oh no it wouldnt , you may wish that to be the case , but it wouldnt , i dont think theyve ever met in a major tournament overseas , i'm not glorifying what would happen , but it wouldnt be some peaceful love in by any stretch of the imagination.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Because only Irish people know how to enjoy themselves you see. They even have a SPECIAL word for it - the craic. Lovely people to a man.

Haven't you seen Titanic? Whilst the English people were being nasty despite enormous wealth, the Irish were below deck in the cheap bits, fiddly-diddly singing and dancing and even having josh-tastic fights. That's the craic right there - nobody else in the world has such a capability to enjoy themselves.

My flight to Japan in 2002 was full of paddies having the "craic" the whole ****ing way. Once you've heard Ole Ole Ole.....never.......you've heard it too often. Being stuck on a metal bird with no where to escape to for far too many hours with those "hilarious" chaps has meant I won't even drink Guinness any more.

Come on Bosnia!

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
You made the point that the Irish 'behave', which seemed to be a dig at other fans.

If you look at Euro 2012, the trouble seemed to be with the Poles and Russians, but that was nationalistic and historical, rather than drink fuelled.

So to me, it seems, like most teams fans, the Irish are capable of behaving. Which is very good of them.

The key point that everyone is missing about Irish fans at tournaments is that it is not just young men aged 18-40 who turn-up; a large proportion go in family groups with granny, grandad and young kids. As a result the behaviour is very different to how a large mob of just blokes would behave, and therefore trouble is very rare. They also aren't lumbered with a "no one likes us, we don't care" attitude.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The key point that everyone is missing about Irish fans at tournaments is that it is not just young men aged 18-40 who turn-up; a large proportion go in family groups with granny, grandad and young kids. As a result the behaviour is very different to how a large mob of just blokes would behave, and therefore trouble is very rare. They also aren't lumbered with a "no one likes us, we don't care" attitude.

Again, if you are referring to England, you are taking a snapshot of Euro 2000 with that summary.

The FA have turned the England Fans thing into a very family focussed thing.

I suspect there will be large groups of men travelling next summer, but probably not that many with official tickets.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I haven't got the foggiest what's going on in this game.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Have I mist anything?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Appears to be getting worse

Capturea.JPG

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Unlikely those 'types' would be there .........you know, ticket prices etc etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here