Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro v Wolves TONIGHT

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The crowd size doesn't count. Football fans are being fleeced. It's points that count. I think the Boro and Brighton are doing really well on both fronts.

The design of a football stadium means a proportion of good seats which are filled. I think it is the less popular seats that are a bit overpriced. These are the ones that are sold to away fans and the empty spaces on TV. At the Amex visiting fans get the cheapest tickets at £32 for Category A matches. Nobody gets are cheaper and home fans pay the same or much more.

PS; At the last count an average of 369,000 watched the Albion on TV. The average domestic audience for PL matches is 1 million, but the bigger clubs get more watchers. cf. Leeds 300 thousand, West Ham 850,000.(small sample) The cost to watch individual matches on Sky is £6. 369K x 6 = £2,214,000 + advertising revenue. Subscription costs are even more per match. Maybe, a better deal could be negotiated for Championship clubs? The Albion may lose 2,000 supporters for TV games. That is a £64,000 loss for match cheapest tickets only. I think the TV income is something like £120,000 (unsure) so whether having the matches on TV is not all profit. Away matches and I like TV. Friday matches are quite good, but midday home matches are not.

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
If you read my post, you'll see I didn't say anything to deride Middlebrough as a place; just responding to some rather crass comments made on this thread. Anyway, goodnight to you too.

You are correct GT49er, you did nothing of the sort. That is why I said "In regards to the post" not claiming it was yours as you've handled yourself with diplomacy, rather it was a post by another user who referred to Middlesbrough as a shithole. Like I said you get charmless goons following every club.

Edit -Though if you refer to me supposedly 'spouting shit' then I stand corrected after all.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You are correct GT49er, you did nothing of the sort. That is why I said "In regards to the post" not claiming it was yours as you've handled yourself with diplomacy, rather it was a post by another user who referred to Middlesbrough as a shithole. Like I said you get charmless goons following every club.

Edit -Though if you refer to me supposedly 'spouting shit' then I stand corrected after all.
It's late, innit! Good luck to your lot (unless of course it's a straight scrap for second place on the last day of the season, in which case all civility is off!!)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm late to this party, having no interest in attendances. I have only a passing interest in the quality of various towns and cities around the world, and in this regard Middlesbrough scores low,coming in second only to Detroit in the list of places I don't want to live. It's not really up for debate: Middlesbrough is a shithole.

On the topic of Boro v Wolves, if you'd have offered me the chance at the start of the week that Boro and Hull would amass an aggregate of 3 points out of nine from their games in hand, I'd have snapped your arm right off. We're right back in the race for autos...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Middlesbrough is a shithole.

I would agree and both grounds as well, sat in the directors box at Ayresome Park many years ago courtesy of a freebie from Neil McNabb and sadly spent my 50th birthday at the Riverside although we did win 1-0.

Dreadful, uninspiring shithole and that is being very kind.

Dec 6, 2015
I'm late to this party, having no interest in attendances. I have only a passing interest in the quality of various towns and cities around the world, and in this regard Middlesbrough scores low,coming in second only to Detroit in the list of places I don't want to live. It's not really up for debate: Middlesbrough is a shithole.

On the topic of Boro v Wolves, if you'd have offered me the chance at the start of the week that Boro and Hull would amass an aggregate of 3 points out of nine from their games in hand, I'd have snapped your arm right off. We're right back in the race for autos...

Yeah? That's a shame coz we were gonna put on a bit of a spread for you; I was even gonna ask if you want egg mayonnaise or cheese and pickle fillings.

I've been to Brighton. It was lovely. Everyone was very friendly and better still the locals just let us have three points. Honestly mate, we turned up, passed the ball about and scored three goals and then left and the locals even smile and waved us off. Great day out.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've never been to Middlesbrough so I couldn't argue one way or another about the town. From what I've read, and the one 'BORO supporter I know, they are generally a passionate and knowledgeable bunch. I hope we can play out a glorious 0-0 to ensure promotion for both teams in May.

Lastly I think we can all agree that Wolves are chuffing useless.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've never been to Middlesbrough so I couldn't argue one way or another about the town. From what I've read, and the one 'BORO supporter I know, they are generally a passionate and knowledgeable bunch. I hope we can play out a glorious 0-0 to ensure promotion for both teams in May.

:thumbsup:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

You would honestly rather see this than your own team win regardless of wether we needed to or not ? FFS:ffsparr:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
22k is not a bad attendance on sky with wolves bringing less than 300. What was disappointing was the defeat on Tuesday, with 3700 fans at ewood park. We are about 1k less than brighton in the attendance stakes and 3 sides have brought over 1k to us, you get 1k away fans most weeks. Away fan wise you don't do it, the riverside had attendances over 28k for the first 15 years of it. Yours will drop when your not on a high.
The question is...were you in the prem when you averaged 28k?
Big difference between the championship die hards and the prem plastic fans:)

I recall hull fans saying that due to hard times in hull the crowds would be shite I,e 15k when they last got promoted and would you believe it they sold out in the prem the following season comfortably...Hard times my butt just fickle fans that most clubs have.

Boro BN1

Dec 18, 2015

The perfect scenario for me would be for both teams to have already secured automatic promotion and play out a hammer and tongs exhibition game with no pressure and the fans of both clubs celebrating together.

I was dreading the last game of last season between us because it looked as though we would both need the 3 points. As it happened neither of us did and it proved a damp squib.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yeah? That's a shame coz we were gonna put on a bit of a spread for you; I was even gonna ask if you want egg mayonnaise or cheese and pickle fillings.

I've been to Brighton. It was lovely. Everyone was very friendly and better still the locals just let us have three points. Honestly mate, we turned up, passed the ball about and scored three goals and then left and the locals even smile and waved us off. Great day out.

Yep, you totally outplayed us that day. Best side we've seen at the AMEX this season. That day. However, with due recognition to Churchill, Middlesbrough was a shithole prior to that day, is a shithole now and will, in all probability, be a shithole forever. :shrug:

Dec 6, 2015
Yep, you totally outplayed us that day. Best side we've seen at the AMEX this season. That day. However, with due recognition to Churchill, Middlesbrough was a shithole prior to that day, is a shithole now and will, in all probability, be a shithole forever. :shrug:

Mate, we have 4 Gregs, 2 Subways, 2 KFC's and ample charity shops to choose from. I have no idea what you're talking about. We're a haven of modern wonder and as cosmopolitan as any Town in all of the land.

There's three Whetherspoons, no shit!

Now you've changed your mind: what would you prefer, scotch eggs or pork pies?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Mate, we have 4 Gregs, 2 Subways, 2 KFC's and ample charity shops to choose from. I have no idea what you're talking about. We're a haven of modern wonder and as cosmopolitan as any Town in all of the land.

There's three Whetherspoons, no shit!

Now you've changed your mind: what would you prefer, scotch eggs or pork pies?

Fair enough! I'll have a pork pie, please. Can I have piccalilli with that too, please?

Good luck for the rest of the season - I think you've got enough for automatic, leaving the other spot for one of us, 'Ull or Burnley. I still think we won't have quite enough for autos, which is a shame, but a result considering the disastrous season we had last year. Via the playoffs? Well, I'd be disappointed if we didn't make the final, but then it's really a 50:50 shot. All in all, it's more likely than not that we'll still be playing in the Championship next season, which isn't the end of the world.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Would be good to have Derby coming to ours just having secured a place in the playoffs but with no hope of autos. They will ge allowed to rest players

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here